Whats Brewin this weekend?

Brewed a Surly Bender recipe

Kegged a Wee Heavy that was in secondary

Put a Black IPA and a Dead Ringer into secondary (cause all my kegs are full)

Dialing in my water adjustments.

Has anyone seen a map of the breweries for todays dabbler? I was hoping to get a game plan but can’t find one.

Going to a Rare and Vintage Beer fest today. Looking forward to the likes of Sam Adams Utopia, Rodenbach Foederbier, Rogue Class of '88 Barleywine, and Green Flash Super Freak.

Tomorrow is an 11 gallon split batch Rye Saison with half fermented using Wyeast 3711 and the other East Coast Yeast Bug County.

I just brewed up a watermelon wheat. I have a Falconer’s Flight IPA in Secondary, and a Moonshine Malt Liquor in primary. Bottled a choco-cherry stout last week, still bottle conditioning.

Just brewed an Irish ale. Should be ready just in time for St Paddy’s Day.

I’ve been thinking about doing a green Irish Ale for St Paddy’s

Brewed up a 5 gallon of Caribou Slobber. Sittin and perculatin in the Ferm as we I type this… :cheers:

Three different cream ale recipes…all intended Spotted Cow-ish. Batch #1 is a one gallon partial mash (my first) my LHBS guy came up with. Batch #2 is a 5 gallon extract w/specialty grains recipe I found on this forum. And batch #3 is a 2.5 gallon partial mash from a recipe I found online. I’ll have some good comparisons at least!

Bavarian Hefe., which is actually a SMaSH. Sometimes simpler is better. :wink:

Scottish Heavy 70/- in the tank. Fermenting this one at 60 degrees. I pulled about 2.5 quarts of first runnings and boiled them down to about a pint to caramelize them. Should be a great session beer!

Trying out the Deschutes Fresh Squeezed all grain clone I found a while back. Deschutes finally made it to Ohio, we’re glad to have them. As for the clone brew, it will end up being an OG 1.075 I reckon as I bought the grain before I knew my grain mill would give me such a huge efficiency boost. :cheers:

Missing summertime, and temps about to plummet again, so I made a deviation of my favorite wheat
5 lb 2-Row - US
5 lb Wheat Malt

.5 Falconer’s Flight 60
.5 Falconer’s Flight 20
1 oz Falconer’s Flight 10
1 oz Falconer’s Flight 0

Safbrew WB-06

Just got done with NB’s Caribou Slobber FIRST BATCH EVER I’M HOOKED

APA
6# pale ale
1# roasted oats
.5# caramel 60
.5# carafoam
.5# biscuit

1. oz. mt hood
  2. oz. cascade
    can’t wait to start heating the water at first light. brew on!

Brave confession time: I brewed a dry irish stout today - we host a big St. Paddy’s day party - normally the simplest of brews - I managed to make it a huge exercise in RDWHAHB. Got a barley crusher for christmas - misplaced the basic info sheet that came with it. Went to crush - not such a great crush - run through a second time - nope those husks aren’t cracked - messed with factory presets THEN realized my drill was set to turn to the left - doh! - readjust with credit card :frowning: somewhere in this part of the ordeal I forgot to put my hand on the base and sent barley flying everywhere). Crush came out too fine. Anticipating stuck sparge which distracted me to the point of forgetting to put in the flaked barley with 30 min left in the mash. There was no stuck sparge despite the fine mash - though I clocked in with 74% efficiency - actually hit my OG number at 1.044.
To top it off - I also got a pure oxygen hook up to oxygenate my wort and proceeded to blow the entire tank into my wort.
All I can do is look at my shoes, shake my head, and head down to the kegerator to salve my wounds with past successes.
The basics are all good. I’m pretty sure if my 9 year old son had been there, he would have been able to point out my many mistakes.

El Capitan - if you’re reading this - psyched to go in on Monday?

Brewing NB’s Surley Bender partial mash kit today. Made a starter for the first time last night. Those little buggers are ready to make beer!

:lol: I’m NOT psyched to go in to work if this weather hits like it’s supposed to. I’d much rather make up an extra day in June than fight through the blizzard.

Just in case school’s called off, I’m measuring out grains for a batch of IPA. I’m just finishing off a 12 pack of Celebration Ale, so it’s time to brew my own. For me, snow day almost always = impromptu brewday.

:cheers: Let it snow!

Brewing a Belgian Golden Strong/Tripel (is there a difference?)

16lbs Dingeman’s Pils
1 lb Candisyrup Simplicity
1 lb Candisyrup Golden
1oz Saax 90’
1oz Tettnag 15
1oz Tettang 5

90’ mash at 147F. Hit the numbers so far. It’s a warm day today at 26F :slight_smile:

Using a drinking water hose and a low-speed high torque drill for the first time. My brew day just got a lot easier. No more lugging water down steps. No more cranking 8)

Turns out if you have a nice spray bottle of distilled water to knock down boilovers it helps if you don’t leave it inside… what a mess. Not sure how much hops I lost due to the boil over but from the looks of my kettle it was a decent amount. :oops:

Just bottled an IPA and just started a rum runner stout