Whats Brewin this weekend?

Doing the Irish Red from NB so I’ll have a St. Patty’s brew for mass consumption, although of course I’m changing it up a little :wink:
I have a Cascadian Dark Lager that’s been lagering out in my garage for the past 4 weeks that I might bottle, but what the heck- leaving it another week will make it even better.

Just finished bottling a Belgian Double. Gonna brew a batch of Irish stout tomorrow. Tis the season for a good stout aye!! Should be ready in time for St. Pattys. Damn i love this hobby!! :smiley:

Brewed an oatmeal robust porter today. Hit my predicted OG of 1.063 dead on with + 2 qts left over @ 80% efficiency. I was troubled that at the end of the mash I saw that I had put the MT lid down too soon, and had mashed at 157.5F rather than the 155F I was shooting for. So it will most likely be too sweet. I pitched extra S-05 and it will be what it will be. I just wasn’t careful enough, and feel like a rookie boy.

Brewed an American Honey PA. All Cascade hops and a qt of local honey at flameout. It started snowing/sleeting just as I finished up yesterday.

Sitting on some US05 at 60F now.

I’m taking January off after brewing 3 times in December. Next weekend I’ll be brewing an American pale ale to take faucet #1 when my Simcoe IPA is tapped out.

We set out to brew a Black IPA/CDA yesterday, but as we started, we realized that our base malt was a Pils and not Rahr. So I guess we brewed a Czechoslovakian Dark Ale instead.

11 lbs Marris Otter pale, .5 lbs crystal 60L, 1.5 oz. Northern Brewer, British Pale Ale

Brewing tomorrow, after missing a month or two; busy around the holidays.

Going to try my first porter, hoping for some subtle coffee and chocolate flavors. Still doing extract, but doing my second full boil with my propane burner and keggle.

Looking forward to getting the rest of my all-grain equip setup this spring.

6 lb LME - Light
1 lb DME - Light

0.25 lb United Kingdom - Roasted Barley
0.25 lb German - Chocolate Wheat
0.25 lb United Kingdom - Coffee Malt
0.25 lb German - CaraFoam

0.75 oz Northdown - 60 min
0.5 oz Northdown - Flameout
0.5 oz Progress - Flameout

Wyeast - NB NeoBritannia 1945

Here’s to hoping the sleet and snow hold off until after the boil…

None this weekend, but kegging an IPA. Have a Belma bitter bubbling away, and a dunkel weizen to keg next week.

Need to figure out something to brew next weekend, though.

Well, maybe my s-23 will attenuate beyond it’s average or my Maibock might end up and ESB. :oops: Not sure what went wrong. I hit my pre-boil gravity (or I didn’t read the refractometer right) and ended up with the volume I wanted. I guess my BIAB process needs a lot more tuning.

In hindsight I should have taken a hydro for my pre-boil in addition to the refrac. and just read up in more detail about the BIAB process.

Whoo! 62% efficiency. :roll:
Oh well. I’ll have beer, and just more details to learn.

I woke up this morning not feeling well, massive headache. Not brewing today. I just put my starter in the fridge, in hopes for a brewing day next Saturday.

That’s always a bummer. Hope your feeling better soon! Just remember, lots of fluids! (I wonder if beer counts… :cheers: ?)

I did a nice cream ale yesterday, all-together a brew went pretty well. I just moved back to the Midwest from California this past summer, and all I can say is that winter brewing in Cali (LA Area at least) is tons nicer than here… haha it was even a ‘nice’ day out yesterday and I was cold while brewing.

At any rate, the cream ale will be the first beer I get to keg after scoring a keezer on craigslist right after Christmas, really looking forward to not bottling this one. Next step, get a CP Bottle filler!

Gravity was right about where I expected it, all in all a goof brew day!

That’s always a bummer. Hope your feeling better soon! Just remember, lots of fluids! (I wonder if beer counts… :cheers: ?)[/quote]

Thanks. I think I’ll keep the beer to a minimum (didn’t say none, though :lol: ).
I’m glad my starter will save for a week in the fridge.

We brewed a honey kolsch with orange blossom honey!

That sounds yummy

That sounds yummy[/quote]

It is! This is the AG version of the extract kit we did last year.

This is bottling weekend for me. Bottled my brown ale yesterday and hoping to bottle my IPA today. Really good to be back in the saddle after ~5 months off (bands, new baby, school, holidays, etc., made it hard to brew for a while there).

Hoping to get a brew day in next weekend.

Bottled a 2 gallon batch of gluten free amber ale.
Next brew will be an American lager with NW hops. I think I have time for 1 more lager while the basement is cold enough. That will make 3 five-gallon lagers for the month, plus the experimental gluten free batch.

Big weekend here. Racked an imperial citrus IPA to a keg with additional hops. Made an arrogant bastard clone today with Columbus and chinook hops. 90+ ibus! Used British ale yeast. Should be tasty.