What are you drinking now

Very good sipper. More tasty as it warms in the glass, I’d like to age some but I never follow through with that.
Would be good to wait until the winter for these, but we only get about a minute of winter weather here. Last evening with a nice breeze off the Atlantic and reading a good book, hard to beat.

2 Likes

Sea Hag is my go-to IPA. Clean, crisp and bitter. It’s what I want in an IPA these days. And I can always get it super fresh at the local package store.

Agreed I don’t often buy beer but when I need to I’ll often grab Sea Hag. On tap around here all the time as well. I’m about 12 miles from their brewery in Woodbridge where is your base?

I’m up near Hartford east of the Connecticut River. Sea Hag and all of NEBCO’s beers can be found everywhere here too, which is great because they are one of our best breweries.

1 Like

Fun read on the evolution of Sea Hag.
https://newenglandbrewing.com/blog/2020/blog-the-legend-of-sea-hag/3004

2 Likes

Drinking a coconut porter here now. Made it with NB imperial stout but bad mash with new equipment resulted in a lower gravity. OG 1.063. Split out 1.5 gallons of the 5 into just a porter added water to make Sg drop from 1.067 to 1.063. Let both batches age for 6 weeks, bottled the 1.063. Then had the 1.067 3.5 gallons sit on 30 ounces of coconut flakes for 2 weeks. People loved this coconut porter. The coconut made it really smooth. I am brewing some more of this tomorrow. Did multiple flights various beers. Order of preference coconut porter, pilsner, hazy IPA, porter, kolsch, and imperial stout last…the stout needs to age for a lot longer than the current 3 months. The coconut flavor dissipates very noticeably in two weeks. I think I will try more coconut flakes in next batch as well as putting coconut flakes in a small brew bag in the keg to see if I can retain the flavor longer.

The bad mash was equipment problem in the brewzilla. The equipment wastes 3 gallons of water below the grain tube plus whatever wasted space is in the annular region around the tube. I no longer use the grain tube and use a large bag but do everything else the same and that has solved the design flaw of the brewzilla.

2 Likes

Oyster Stout

3 Likes

My folks had lawn drink holders like that when I was a kid. Brings back memories. Think they drank Schaefer beer though.

Finishing a cider keg that has a few glasses left. This year’s apple crop is looking sparce though so may just do small a batch

1 Like

Drinking a new belgium honey orange tripel. The orange and honey seem to dampen out the boozy taste quite well. I plan to clone this beer.

I have been struggling with the NB tripel as I have to let them age for many months so they taste less boozy. Tried lower fermentation temp to cut down on fusels. Going to add some orange crystal to my tripel which has been sitting in keg since November 21.

3 Likes

Space Ex-my experimental ale with Hydra, Galaxy, and Gemini hops. Just put it on and it’s a bit cloudy but has a very tropical fruit forward aroma and taste. Need to think about this one and see what direction I want to go with it. I also tried one of my bottle conditioning DIPA just to see where it’s at fizzy wise. Oddly not much carbonation after three whole days. :joy: Tastes really good though. The malt backbone is solid and the Mosaic is shining through the 10% alcohol nicely.

3 Likes

Pale ale dry hopped with Centennial Lupomax.

3 Likes

Thats mine. Not the best ive had but better than some ive had. Easy drinking anyway

2 Likes

Still carbonating so I’ll see where it goes. Going to research CO2 vols. What’s your all carbonation target?

1 Like

A hefe? @3 volumes per my notes when I bottled, and I bottled about 10 batches of hefe. I’ve only made one hef recently, which was kegged.

Yes a Hefenweisen. I have it set for 3 vols but read that is the low end. Need to search some examples im going from memory. I rarely buy beer. A brewery at the farmers market had one but i didn’t taste it. He wasn’t giving tastes.

I know nothing about the CO2 volumes… most my brews are served around 12 psi’s…
Wine in a keg… actually, not too bad… Apple Joose is conditioning now…. Which I believe using a white wine yeast… 1113 causes too much sulfur (mouse farts)…
Sneezles61

I always go by our hosts calculator and it says 3.6 vols.

looks great.

i’m drinking a vienna lager that I brewed a couple of months back. getting better with each passing day - or week actually. don’t want to admit to drinking beer every day!

1 Like

Vienna lager (Goodnight Vienna)is one of my favorite styles to brew; I brewed at least one a year but didn’t last year. I have to get busy working on that. I’ve been doing a Mexican lager instead recently that goes pretty fast here with the light beer/Mich Ultra drinkers.

2 Likes