Independence day homebrew lottery-reviews starting on page 6

I think I posted last page, but just in case here ya go!

Attn Alan Snow
Diagnostic Group
7625 Golden Triangle Drive Suite F
Eden Prairie, MN 55344

Congrats on winning ! Sending two bottles your way Thursday

Congrats! I’m jealous. I will be sending two beers your way shortly.

They are on the way as of this morning…

Sorry for the delay. Your bottles will be going out tomorrow or Friday. Been hectic at work and home this week. Wife sick, kid sick, I’ve been sick, works busy… being a Dad is awesome, but there’s just not enough time in the day for everything. Ok, done complaining. :blah:

Thank for the update(s) guys! I look forward to sampling some great brews…and possible skeezing some recipes of you guys when the time comes!!!
I’ll try my best to provide pics/reviews as I sample all of these.

I’m bottling up my St. Oliver saison this weekend, so once I find some appropriate packing material it will be on its way with an accompanying regional favorite.

Anyone have any tips on packing beer bottles to go?

I’ve simply wrapped each bottle in bubble wrap before (small bubble type), and then filled the lower and upper portion of the box with larger bubble wrap for shock protection.

Groovy…

Congratulations! I have a mere 2 options available for homebrew, but live in the micro-rich region of NY, so if the choices don’t appeal, there’s that. I have my first batch ever, an undercarbed T-Can & Bearcat Wheaten Beatdown with very solid flavour, or the just-bottled, needs conditioning Houblonmonstre. The Hoob was heavily modified - the hop schedule was altered a bit and it was aggressively dry-hopped to counter the extra pound of Belgian Candi. It came out to 10.8%, and I fear it’s going to be awful.

Man, I need to work on the confidence! Not exactly ringing endorsements. Pick away!

Smilner, would you mind sending one of each? The wheaten beatdown is something I’m looking to brew and would like to try it…even if its undercarbed!
If the other has just been bottled, I could leave it in the cellar for a month or so for conditioning. How long was the houblemonstre in secondary?

Primary for three weeks, secondary for five. Bottled Monday with 1.5 Cooper’s drops per bottle.

I could definitely wait a couple weeks to sample the houble…
Even if you took some creative liberties with the recipe it should taste fine!

I totally forgot about this…congrats Alan! I had to go to Montana for work so I can’t ship you any of my beer until I return. The man in charge here says I’ll probably be sent home before the end of the month, lucky for me that lines up perfectly with my vacation days I’ve already put in for. Fingers crossed I’ll be in mpls on June 29, 30 and July 1st if you wanna meet up I can pass you a couple of my Ryecarumba! IPA. I see you have an Eden Prarie address on here, I’ll be in Prior Lake and Burnsville all weekend.

Let me know how you wanna do it.

drives_a_bike, working in EP I could definitely meet up with you. If you’re in that Friday, perhaps that afternoon/evening would work best.
Living in St Paul, I usually don’t head south over the weekend…gotta be at home brewin’.

That’s cool, I was planning on making a trip to the muddy pig for a few beers while I was there and hang out with a friend in st. Paul park on Friday anyway, so that would work out perfectly. Just pm me your number and I’ll text you when I’m there. Otherwise if something happens and I can’t make it to the cities that weekend, I’ll ship them to you when I get home.

Hell man… The muddy pig is down the road. I could meet you there easily.

First shipment arrived!! Thanks duckslayer888.
I’ll post reviews as soon as I sample.

I finally got yours out today UPS. I forgot to put anything in the package with the beers so you’ll only be able to tell who they’re from via the return address HA…

There’s a big bottle of my Stucco House IPA in there as well as an NB’s Bavarian Hefe.

Hope you enjoy them!

PM’ing you the tracking info. Happy 4th of July!

Alright, first tasting of this lottery.
Chocolate Milk Stout compliments of duckslayer888

With an aggressive pour into a 22oz NB glass created a solid 3 finger head, this pic was 20 secs late as it settled a bit.
I drank this slowly over 30-45 minutes with a thin lasting head the entire time.

Very mild roasty nose, hints of coffee and bittersweet (bakers type) chocolate.
Not sure of the OG, but an extremely easy stout to drink (even on a 80+ degree day). Light to medium body with in my opinion a decent level of carbonation.
The lil lady would’ve preferred less…as is usual!

Initial taste was all roast, coffee and very mild chocolate. As time elapsed the chocolate was more forward with a slight sweetness appearing halfway through. Bitterness level was very balanced and could not detect much hoppiness on the nose…as it should be.
I also couldn’t discern any yeast off-flavors or esters…seems to be a controlled and spot on ferment.

Stouts typicallly aren’t my game, which is why I chose a few from senders…to possibly change my taste(s) ab bit. All in all, very excellent job duckslayer!!

Thanks again for hosting this gregscu and for everyone’s efforts!