Independence day homebrew lottery-reviews starting on page 6

dsidab81:

Packaged shipped UPS. Estimated arrival date of Wednesday…

2nd review - Dead Ringer - compliments of duckslayer888

Poured again into a NB 22oz, solid two finger head with a lasting head throughout the brew. Definite lacing line each sip of the way.
I definitely didn’t take my time with this one, a very easy drink while sitting outside scrubbing bottles!!

Initial nose was unmistakable centennial hops - slightly grapefruit, bright citrus, a hint of zest, perhaps a bit grassy / piney

Very assertive hop bite with up front citrusey hops fading to slightly sweet malt. Clean crisp finish with very little lingering bitterness.
Honestly the name explains it all…a dead ringer for 2 hearted (one of my favorite ipas).
Again like the last brew, tastes of a very clean fermentation without any detectable off flavors (to my very noob palate!!!)
If I were to guess on a yeast, I’d go US-05 as I’ve brewed this kit with 05 and it tasted spot on.

Great job, duckslayer!!

Glad you enjoyed!! I am a very new brewer - those being my 8th and 9th brews, so it is always a confidence booster when someone that knows what there talking about critiques your beers and enjoys them!!

Thanks for the reviews.!

By the way, Both of those brews were all grain kits from NB…

Shipped today, said it should be there by friday. Hopefully you get enough between now and then that you dont have to wait, or god forbid, dip into your own stockpile! Lucky son of a gun.

No worries robotninja, Scott Miller’s delivery came today (new year’s lottery winner) and man he came through with a stockpile of brews. Sipping on a very excellent festbier at the moment! :cheers:

Booooo! UPS and FedEx have rules against shipping beer. Pros and cons to going to a different location and trying to pass the materials off as root beer?

I used UPS. And lied like a mofo…

UPS has never once asked me what was in the box and I have never told them. If they did ask I would just say it was a present. Try again in a day or two.

I’ve told them “yeast cultures” as the contents as suggested in another lottery thread. They are yeast cultures…

in a solution of 12oz of beer :wink:

Hit the “Easy button”

1. Go online, create a UPS account
  2. Create a UPS shipment
  3. Print label at home
  4. Box beer, “Fragile glass bottles”
  5. Drop off at UPS designated pick up (like Staples)

Shipping out today! I’ll reply again with a tracking number. St.Paul, MN is 3days ground from Jersey, so you should get these on Monday.

Imperial Pils and Belgian IPA. I’m also sending a print out of the recipe from Hopville.

Interested for your feed back.

Again, sorry for the delay and congrats on winning all these beers!!!

:cheers:

Thanks dobe! I’m already brewing your bel ipa recipe Saturday… With a switch of bravo for magnum in bittering
I think I’ll take 3-4 gallons of 2nd runnings with some added base for a baby beer with all saaz.
Hopefully soon I can send you some for a comparison :cheers:

[quote=“dsidab81”]Thanks dobe! I’m already brewing your bel ipa recipe Saturday… With a switch of bravo for magnum in bittering
I think I’ll take 3-4 gallons of 2nd runnings with some added base for a baby beer with all saaz.
Hopefully soon I can send you some for a comparison :cheers: [/quote]

Looking forward to it! My Belgian IPA is almost gone :frowning:
I have 3 BBQ’s this weekend to attend. All of which I’m expected to bring beer and my home brew club meeting is Tuesday… again… I’d like to bring my Belgian IPA. Hopefully there’s still enough in the keg to last through then. I’ll miss my Belgian IPA, but I have a Biere de Garde that’s been sitting in a backup keg for a few weeks now and a Dusseldorf Altbier that’s about 2 weeks from keeing. Both lined up and waiting for a tap. So no worries! I’ve got some new home brews to sample.

Just in case the my bottles don’t get to you on monday, they should, here’s the tracking info: UPS ground - 1Z4100W90354271837.

Enjoy! :cheers:

Going to be shipped tomorrow. Sorry it took so long. Been out of town for work. Any one have any advice for shipping fed ex?

I have never had an issue with FedEx. But I always have my beer pre packaged and have never had anyone ask what’s in the box. If they ask, tell them its bbq sauce…

I was thinking maybe I’d tell them glass candles.

I don’t think candles would be a good thing to say. With the summer heat, candles have a tendency to melt and become a huge mess, so they might say something about that.

If they ask, say “Oh, this? Its a nun-yer”

I doubt they’ll even ask. I’ll drop it off at a kinko’s and it’ll be so busy that they won’t have time to ask.

Beer 3 compliments of Scott Miller - Festbier
Although Scott requested I let his beers settle for a bit prior to consuming…i couldn’t!!! June/July may not be the correct time for a Festbier, but I couldn’t resist.
After only chilling for a couple of hours…assisted in an ice/water bath of course, this brew poured a brilliant bright red amber when held to the light. Nice spicy/floral and bready two finger head, with nice lacing the entirety of the brew.
Simply put awesome beer, that left me very regretful I have nothing like this in the brew cellar…no lagering capabilities as of yet :oops:

The first several sips are very evident of this being munich, slightly toasty with an almost fresh baked bread flavor balanced by spicy hops. Towards the tail end I’d say the hops came more to the forefront, but in a very refreshing almost different brew type of way. If this is what I have to expect from Scott’s eight other brews, I’m really in for a treat!!