If I had to drink a crappy commercial beer it would be

[quote=“RiverStreet”]My go to “regular” beer is SNPA. Love that they put it in cans now.[/quote]I thought this was about beers that you would choke down if there’s nothing good available… :blah:

If Busch is in your DNA you must be from St. Louis? I’m curious, I grew up in St. Lou and graduated from Mizzou but WTF is Mizzou brew? Never heard of it. Apparently, that’s a good thing?

Living in the great north west I can always find a SNPA pretty much regardless of where I am at. That being said, I do tend to keep PBR on hand and it sure does taste good when its 90-100 degrees outside and ice friggin cold.

I’d skip the mega swill and drink water. This is exactly why my friends started calling me a beer snob back in the 90’s. I embraced it. Although given the evolution of beer culture and the explosion of craft beer, I’d say the term “beer snob” generally means something different than it used to–and something that I definitely do not believe in.

I do enjoy a well built rocks Margarita though. I could go for one of those if available.

+1 Grain Belt Premium - Nice and refreshing on a hot day. Otherwise I can stomach MGD or High Life.

PBR - I don’t give a damn how “trendy” someone thinks it is, I’ve been drinking it for years.
Since I’m originally from the bright lights on mpls, I will always grab a sixer of Premium…I have fond memories as a child and hot mpls summers, my dad saying “A guy sure could get thirsty around here!” which meant he was out of beer and one of us kids should run and grab another Premium. haha

PBR! breakfast of Champions. Lionshead is a decent backup as well. If all else fails there is always whiskey.

PBR is for HIPSTERS!!! I think they have an offer running: Buy one 30 pack, get a free pack of American Spirits, and a coupon for skinny jeans.

That said, I love Miller Lite. They wouldn’t print it on the side of the can if it weren’t true: Tasetes great, doesn’t fill you up. You can drink 100 of them, and wake up the next morning feeling like a million bucks! ! Ice freekin cold, great bet.

Choke down? Well, then… I would drink anything put in front of me, seriously. Any beer.

I drink Bud and Coors I’m golfing and camping, Busch Light works too.

ahhh…a youngster among us. :mrgreen:

I could go on for days about the reasons why the F*** anyone would want to clone Ballantine (at least the Bally XXX and IPA of 40+ years ago, not the present day imposter).
But I’ve ranted on that topic too much already.

All I can say is that I’d bypass every “craft” beer there is, if those original Ballantine products were still available.

Seriously.
:cheers:

Miller High Life is pretty darn tasty on a hot day. In fact, I’m drinking one right now :smiley: .

It looks like the choice of cheap beer is dependent on location east coast seems to be Yuengling. Minnesota Grain belt premium, Texas Lone star, mid west PBR. So regionals seem to be doing well. I sure would like to try Grain Belt Premium, sounds like a nice Regional. For me my go to is Yuengling.

Had a half dozen grainbelt premium’s last night:) Great for rehydrating.

Miller Lite. Beach vacation coming up next month and I’ll be packing 2 or 3 30-packs… Easier and simpler than carrying a couple of corneys, CO2, cobra tap, ice… :blah:

High Life tallboys, or Grainbelt…The Friendly Beer. Both excellent for tubbing in the river on a hot July day!

Amstel Light then Mich Light
:mrgreen:

PBR, regardless of what those stupid looking kids think is hip.

[quote=“jayoun”]PBR, regardless of what those stupid looking kids think is hip.[/quote]PBR is good. I had to laugh at my nephew; he was throwing a party & told me “I have this new really good beer for you to try!” I hated to tell him I was drinking PBR over 30 years ago! :cheers:

Haha! That’s funny. PBR is my favorite. I don’t care if it’s the “hip” thing or not.