If I had to drink a crappy commercial beer it would be

Miller High Life

Old german for me! 5 bucks a six pack for 16oz cans, from the store down the street

If I go commercial I do have a soft spot for “Old guy Beers” like my dad drank in his teens. I am quite partial to Schlitz, and will get Old Milwaukee or PBR on occasion.

I must say I really agree with that!

my grandfather religiously drank Hamms. and he used to let me take his cans to the store for the deposit. probably the first dollar i ever made

so hamms will always have a special place in my heart

PBR if I can get it. I can deal with Rolling Rock if its on tap.

Otherwise my limit is 2 or 3 of any BMC product if I really have to. Preferably via shotgun or kegstand.

If I HAVE to…from the great white north. Kokanee on the west coast, Molson or Labatt on the east coast.

Miller Lite
Pabst

Bud Light lime gotta be the worst beer ever brewed ; if it was brewed to begin with :mrgreen:

Domestic beer I would drink Regular Budweiser
Import beer New Castle Brown ale

Grain Belt Premium - Big Friendly style for me

It would be Budweiser. There would also be no shame!

I would mix it with 1/4 clamato, I would add at least 3 large olives, Hopefully a pepperoni stick, maybe some pickles, cheese, celery, etc. would also be nice.

I would drink it like a poor mans bloody mary, and it would be bliss. It would not be beer but what the hell why not repurpose an alchohol delivery device?

Cheers

[quote=“spunky”]Miller Lite
Pabst

Bud Light lime gotta be the worst beer ever brewed ; if it was brewed to begin with :mrgreen: [/quote]

Don’t worry the horse got over it’s bladder infection. :slight_smile:

I think Sam Adams is affordable and could be considered “commercial” even though it is labeled a craft beer. This is usually my go to when I’m out of my own brews, a sampler 12 pack or couple 6 packs. They really have a good flagship of beers IMO. Last resort is Coors, even though they merged with Miller, I really envy what that company has done.

I’d have to do Busch as I’m pretty sure it’s in my DNA, although even our family DNA has standards. Apparently my dad and uncle poured out a whole 6 pack of Mizzou Brew one Xmas shopping-eve. That HAD to be bad beer to get dumped!

Meister brau. Good enough for uncle Eddie, good enough for me.

Craft beer is “commercial” as well. It’s especially evident in these days where regional brewers are expanding, going national, and building multiple plants.
After all, people who go into this business may enter the fray because of a passion, but they also do it with an eye towards turning a profit (unless they are independently wealthy and use a brewery as a playground or a tax writeoff).

But I totally agree with you on your main point… Sam Adams is a VERY good go-to when needed. I just didn’t mention it in my original reply because “crappy” beer was specified…and Sam Adams is anything but that.

[quote=“The Professor”]
Craft beer is “commercial” as well. It’s especially evident in these days where regional brewers are expanding, going national, and building multiple plants.
After all, people who go into this business may enter the fray because of a passion, but they also do it with an eye towards turning a profit (unless they are independently wealthy and use a brewery as a playground or a tax writeoff).

But I totally agree with you on your main point… Sam Adams is a VERY good go-to when needed. I just didn’t mention it in my original reply because “crappy” beer was specified…and Sam Adams is anything but that.[/quote]

i feel the same about Widmer. its pretty large, and distributes widely, and also far from crappy. i dont know how they compare to sam adams (probably much smaller), but they are my go-too large scale beers. widmer hefeweizen was the first non-lager i enjoyed

“Frost brewed” or “triple hopped”? That appears to be the question. :lol:

Yuengling is my go-to at the deli.
Southpaw will always have a special place in my heart, for that matter, anything from Plank Road.

On a side note… .I was really, REALLY surprised to find Ballantine in my Clone Brews book. (Why in the F*** would anyone want to clone that?)

I honestly cannot do BMC anymore. My go to “regular” beer is SNPA. Love that they put it in cans now.