Brewsy

I don’t make wine but I keep seeing ads for this stuff on my Facebook feed. They claim it’s makes (good) wine in 5 days from store bought juice and sugar. The kit has 3 packets or pouches maybe and special caps, (universal bungs and 3 piece airlocks). Supposed to make 12-18 bottles of wine.

I looked at the ingredients list and the magical bags of stuff seem to have the stuff I see winemakers use.

At about $45 for the kit with no jugs or fermenter. It’s not that bad especially for us that have a lot of the glass gallon jugs and stuff. They also have a “welcome kit” that is less. https://getbrewsy.com/

Check it out and see what you think.

What does this magical kit come with?

Wine in 5 days… I suggest you try HD… report back with your findings… I will say, I’m skeptical… Kviek yeast?
Sneezles61

Its called hooch. Do they give you the black garbage bag fermenter with the manual pressure release :rofl:

I always thought hooch was the generic name for alcohol…
I’m still waiting to see how HDMark fairs with this… :grin:
Sneezles61

No hootch is its own style. Its origin is traced back to the Australian penal colonies but im sure its much older

“Heh, heh, …heh, heh, he said penal”

1 Like

OK Bevis!! uh…hahahaha uh…
Sneezles61

2 Likes

Here is a recipe and you wont need to buy the magical kit for $45

Just remember sanitze your garbage bag before putting it in the swamp cooler aka toilet tank.

2 Likes

GREAT… now the apple joose I make is hooch… dammit…:grin:
Sneezles61

1 Like

Where’d Voodoo go? if he read that article… He’d be doing the Bevis laugh right about now… (maybe he did and can’t quit laughing?)
Sneezles61

I’m here, I’m here…read all about it…pricking a hole in the condom and all that.

1 Like

Scroll down to ingredients How it Works Looks like most of the stuff is available and used by home wine makers.

Neither one of us are wine drinkers. I like a glass of champagne at a celebration once in a while but that’s it. The only wine I can say we both really liked was given to us by a co-worker that he made as a thanks for giving him a ride to work far a few days while his car was in the shop. Does anyone still call wine makers a vintner?

I’m not sure I want to get involved. I was just wondering if what they claim is possible. A 5 day turn around would be great if it comes out good. Tempting.

Yes but all you need for making wine from bottled juice is wine yeast and nutrient. I make alot of fruit wine from fresh fruit and for that you would use pectic enzyme. Yes you can ferment in 5 days put some of that clarifier in it and drink away. As you know you can do that with beer as well. Here is my Raspberry wine recipe which ill vouch for

1 Like

Wouldn’t waste money on it.

To make wine the absolute essentials are.

1. 100% fruit juice. Read label make sure it has no potassium sorbate, sulfides, or sulfites

2. Sugar

3. Yeast

People were making wines with nothing but juice and the wild yeast on the fruit.

Wine can be as easy or complex as you want to go

For utter simplicity YouTuber Paw Paw has wine videos. A great place to start would be Paw Paw makes wine in 40 seconds.

Yes indeed it does work

Then if you want to better understand what is going on I recommend watching videos by CS BREWS.

He discusses sanitizers to keep wild yeast from getting started. Shows how to use a hydrometer, airlocks, chemicals used in wine

All depends on what YOU like and how far you want to go down the rabbit hole

1 Like

Hey pricking a tiny hole ina condom or balloon ACTUALLY WORKS I USED IT for quite a while until could order airlocks through the mail

1 Like

Turbo yeast is pretty Quick.

The fastest I ever saw primary fermentation go was in four days

Isn’t Turbo yeast what moonshiners use to ferment sugar? My new neighbor claims to be a shiner but I haven’t had a sample yet. I do know he can pound the beers down :grinning: Keeps up with me.

I am resisting getting into wine since I do not need another obsession and not thrilled with most of it. Just curious about Brewsy since they are bombarding my FB feed with ads that seemed like wild claims.

I have used organic pure fruit juice in my beers. Mostly cherry juice in a Stout. It is not cheap so I can’t imagine what it would cost to make wine with it. It’s probably best I forget about this and stick with beer.

Making wine is alot less work than making beer. I make a lot of 1gallon batches of wine using old Gallo jugs using fruit. I don’t drink that much wine but i have friends that don’t drink beer and its nice to share a bottle with them. I recommend you try a small batch its fun

2 Likes