Brewsy

Yes turbo yeast is used to brew rum and others.

I made a comment that it supposedly ferments to 14% in 48 hours and claims to go as high as 21%

Would recommend you get into wine it has some amazing probiotics to balance your gut biome and keep you healthy

Could not agree more. Wine is STUPID SIMPLE TO MAKE

FRUIT fruit juice from store make sure it has no potassium sorbate. Sulfides or sulfites

Juice and inside bottle is sterile.

Pour 1 1/2 cups juice from the bottle.

Add 1-1 1/2 cups sugar to juice and add yeast put lid on bottle and shake till sugar dissolves. Remove lid insert bung and airlock and let yeast work. Most 1/2 gallon juice bottles use a 6.5-7 bung

1 Like

What volume of juice from the store do you use? I would guess 1.5 cups sugar would be too much for a small container and not enough for a large one.

Half gallon my sister likes a sweet wine.

Mostly i make mead for myself.

When I make wine myself I use 1 cup

Thought I would report back on this. I bought a 1/2 gallon of “Juicy Juice” cherry juice from the local grocery. No chemicals but by no means all cherry juice. Mostly apple juice, some cherry and other juices. Rather than dump some out to add sugar I poured it into a 1 gallon plastic jug that had distilled water in it. Added one cup of table sugar, part of a packet of Red Star Premier Classique wine yeast and shook it up to dissolve the sugar. I drilled a hole in the cap and stuck on an “S” bubbler. Total cost about $4

Day 2 it was bubbling away. Day five it quit. Just about as much time as Brewsy claimed. I gave it a few more days and transferred it to a 2 liter seltzer bottle and stuck it in the fridge for a few days. Can’t say it cleared much but I’m OK with that for the minimal effort and time.

Honestly it isn’t bad. Sweet like a soda but definitely wine.

I had grabbed a second jug of what I thought was the same “cherry” juice but turned out to be fruit punch. We will see how that works.

3 Likes

:thinking:

Does it Taste like Boonesfarm or TJ Swann? Or more like wine coolers?
Teenage memories of really sweet wine. I somehow really remember one called “Apple Easy Nights” from TJ Swann. We’d stick it in a local creek to chill down before a night of teenage carousing. Purchased from a gaunt African-American gentleman (as we were not of age), as long as we bought him some.

2 Likes

^^^^^:joy:^^^^^
Sneezles61

1 Like

Now you reminded me of Annie Green Springs when I wanted to impress a girl set one apart from the Boons Farm crowd.

1 Like

I have used Brewsy half a dozen time. It’s never been GREAT but it’s never been bad. It is a packet with yeast, nutrients, and I believe a little bentonite in it. The wine ages OK but is totally drinkable in a week. Play with it and enjoy

2 Likes