What’s Brewin’?

Just brewed Tmavé Pivo Czech dark lager with Kazbek hops

NEIPA this morning with my son. It’s a recipe he found so it should be interesting. I have never added hops during fermentation before.

1 Like

Will be brewing NB’s Bavarian Hefeweizen today. This will make a little more room for more of the Chinook and Dead Ringer. Getting the big fermentor out for this one.

May put other LME under the snow to clear a full shelf.

Me a double ipa yesterday. But color kind of not right. Bit to dark. But hey as long it comes out tastefully. Lesson learned do not trust brewing software. Complete

Vienna is in the fridge at 51 degrees waiting for the wy2206 to kick in…nice 4 hr brew day even with the extra mash time.

Under pitched my Ardennes yeast by 25% hopefully I’ll get a good Belgian flavor in my Back Page Tripple

What did you do different for your mash? Sneezles61

45 minutes at 145 and 158.

2 Likes

I think you’ll have great results with that mash. 146° and 156° is my go to for lagers.

1 Like

I Vorlauf (rinse) 3 times once I have the basket out of the wort… I’ll stir it up then Vorlauf for about 5 minutes, let it drip and repeat… All the while I’m turning up the heat… Sneezles61

(edited current beer temp)

Bavarian Hefeweizen in the fermentor yesterday at 1:30 PM. Pitched WY 3068 at a wort temperature of 62°F. This morning 3" krausen with STC-1000 set at 17.8°C (64°F).
This morning fermenting beer is at 17.9°C. Fan is cooling. I’ll adjust the temperature to 65°F this evening or tomorrow morning depending upon how vigorous the fermentation is. Ferment this one with a max temperature of 67°F.

1 Like

You going to harvest some yeast whilst full speed fermenting? I gotta figure out what my pass word was so I can get my phone to help me post pictures… Using that big camera, then down loading, trying to figure how to stick it to the computer…:tired_face: NUTS… Sneezles61

The easiest way I have found to do it (I remember my password so I can upload directly from my phone :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:) is to email it to myself, then right click copy the picture and paste it directly into the post here. It actually works really well. You can even drag and drop a file directly into the post as well if you are saving down pictures from an actual camera instead of a phone. @flars, I thought you were up north? You have to cool down your fermentation temps this time of year? I still have to keep mine on a heating pad to keep them above 65. :grimacing: I’m sure I’ll have to swap back to the swamp cooler here soonish. Yesterday was Pseudo Sue clone and this weekend will be my first attempt at a hefeweizen provided the chiro can fix my back. Tweaked it bending over to button 2 year old’s coat yesterday, thankfully I have a wonderful wife who was willing to help me out with moving things around for brewing yesterday. :innocent:

:beers:
Rad

2 Likes

Keeping my Belgian triple warm

I’m up North but my fermentation room is the utility room with the furnace. Coupled with in floor heating the ambient temperature during the winter is 68°. During hot summer days with the air conditioner running the room is 66°F. That’s when I use the aquarium heater to warm the swamp cooler water bath.

Those sound like nice fermentation temperatures

Temperatures work out fairly well. No extremes to compensate for with heating or cooling.

About 9 hours to go from a 3" krausen to needing a blow off tube at 64°F… Only a little Star San foam in the collection jar. Might try some top cropping. Too late tonight to cool a starter wort. Add a half liter in the morning to get a fermentation going inside the collection jar if enough yeast comes through the tubing. Never tried this before.

Surprised me the temp of the fermenting beer dropped 0.1°C. Added the aquarium heater to raise the water bath temperature to 65°F to keep the fermentation very active.

1 Like

Looks like another big snow event for tomorrow. 8-12. I guess that means I’ll brew again this week and chill with snow. A Marzen would be appropriate

1 Like

Set yer self up for O-fest? We just got 12" of snow last night… I’ve been snow blowing and shoveling since 7… 4-1/2 hours of fun!! :disappointed: Sneezles61

Ugggh hopefully we don’t get more snow. I’m ready for spring. Been ready for spring since Dec. 21st. :slight_smile: