What’s Brewin’?

Brewed a blonde ale last week and an international amber Lager today. Might try to get another in next weekend, just not sure what.

What are you brewing?

Nothing this weekend…last weekend was an ipa with galaxy, wai-iti, nelson…currently drinking festbier, altbier, baltic porter and mandarina bavaria wheat.

Kind of busy getting ready for Thanksgiving. About 25 people coming over. I am doing a cider tomorrow though. Trying to replicate The Dirty Mayor by Citizen Cider. Got the apples juiced

Have a Bavarian Hefeweizen at day 5 in the primary. Sierra Madre pale ale should be ready to bottle early next week. Porter bottled two days ago. An American amber ale will in the fermentor end of next week.

This morning around 7 a hefeweisen this afternoon a porter. This one gonna add vanillabeans after one month in secondary. Both batches. 10 gal. Normally do brew on sat at the BREWERY. But we did buy a new. 500 liter brew system. Seems to have issues with conection the power electrician has a hard time

Will be brewing a plinian legacy tomorrow.

1 Like

10 gallons IPA waiting for dry hopping… too busy with work… about 3 gallons apple ale waiting for attention too… That one I did with a wheat yeast… thought I’d shake it up bit. Sneezles61

1 Like

Just kegged my 2nd attempt at a NEIPA and it smells very good. Gassing the crap out of it so it’s ready for Turkey day! Might be my last brew of the year unless I can get a quick Christmas brew in next weekend.

^^^^ DO IT!! brew another!! :grin: Sneezles61

1 Like

Going to do another Kama citra all grain batch during the extended weekend over thanksgiving. Still have an Irish red and a grapefruit pulpin on tap now. All this business travel has adversely affected my consumption… I need to step it up.

1 Like

Did an imperial stout yesterday that’s gonna go into a 15 gallon rye whiskey barrel I just got.

2 Likes

Hunting season has limited my brew time but I do have a Saison I need to keg. Happy Thanksgiving!

Just getting settled in to our winter home so nothing brewing yet. I did take NB up on the buy two get one free winter warmer deal on kits so even without my usual AG set up there will be homebrew soon. Went with the Brickwarmer, Caribou Slobber and chocolate milk stout. Also bought Kveik yeast so keeping it cool won’t be a problem. I was sorry to find out the Fast Pitch was out of stock though. Got some DME to do a starter the old fashion way.

Belgian Wit tomorrow. Maybe I’ll name it “nuts for standing in hour long lines”. :yum: that’s a tongue in cheek. To each their own.

Anyone brewing tomorrow?

Me not brewing this weekend. All my fermentors full. Think wedness day can transfer a brew to the secondary. So one of my speidel fermenters. Become empty. Plan for thurs day. A cascade ipa. Og 1.065. With a guest brewer. Aka diving friend. Tourist

Tourist seems to be dirty work around here even though 90% of the income is from them. Sure some are pushy, loud and don’t respect the environment but they sure pay the bills.

Oh and to stay on topic. No brewing for me until a package arrives from NB.

1 Like

Not brewing this W/E, BUT, to stay on topic, the gentleman whom introduced me into brewing in 2001, is going to brew with me next W/E!! I’m really stoked at this oppertunity! He’s downsized into a smaller house and doesn’t have the room to set up his brewery… I told him I’ve plenty of room and capacity. We are going start collaborating. First up, a winter warmer dark wheat with spices … Sneezles61

1 Like

Indeed they do pay my bills every month. Some are nice. Some please never come back. But this group. They are all restaurant owners. And beer brewers so should fun some diving. Good food and beer brewing

1 Like

I’m brewing a Saison today that’s Pilsner, Aromatic, and some flaked oats. 7 gallons of wort going into the kettle is at 1.046. Thanks again @damian_winter!

Did an American Amber yesterday. Was getting ready for an IPA today but then realized not enough ice for chilling until tomorrow. Bake bread today brew tomorrow.