Up north bock

Seems the fermenter temps get about 5-7*F above room temp. So this is good!
Sneezles61

Thats to warm for a lager no?

I waffled right over Ale yeast….
Sneezles61
E; 1.011 temp 65*F…

I’ve been sitting at 1.008 for a few days… I’ll DH with some Saaz… 4 oz would be appropriate…. Keg on Thursday… hit the keg with 50 psi’s and into the snow bank!
Sneezles61

1 Like

Now your upsetting me

Lack of snow for Lagering BC?
Sneezles61

We got about 5" wetn heavy stuff

Well, we are suppose to get another 12” of wet heavy stuff!
I best go shovel the roof off tomorrow… only about 3’ up there right now… I think it’s close to being maxed out… the snow banks along the driveway are about 5’… snowblower can’t quite blow over that now… oh boy…
Sneezles61

1 Like

Pretty soon you’ll need a snorkel

See if I can get a picture from the roof tomorrow…
Sneezles61

Not quite 4’… it’s got so many layers of crust from the other snow storms….

1 Like

Kegged… 7.1% . Had some hope creep and went down to 1.007… and was still tossing out bubble here and there…
I won’t say I put it in a big snow pile to “age”…. Honest…
Sneezles61

2 Likes

Another month to wait?!
Well, my snow pile hasn’t gotten any smaller… Dang weatherman sez we may get 20” next week!! I am so over winter now… I promise to not think of snow til September if don’t snow that much next week!
Sneezles61

Making lemonade out of lemons. No sense wasting all that snow

1 Like

I suppose, red Ale is about ready… brew again? Gotta try a small brew with Saison yeast…
Sneezles61

Think I’ll put a small amount of CO2 in the My-Bock. Then I can clear out the sediment… then hit it with some high pressure for more time to absorb it…
Sneezles61

:face_with_symbols_over_mouth: well, too much trub has got my keg really stuck! The dip tube gets clogged… solid! Taken the liquid side apart 5X… That’s enuff…
it’ll sit in the fridge for a couple of weeks, then I’ll gently siphon(rack). It can sit under pressure again for a week and that’s it… Crack it open!
Sneezles61

Changed my mind… I have a floating dip tube on its way … I looked at our host’ site and they don’t have that option…
Sneezles61

1 Like

I have 3 make sure to get the filter. Another hint is just peak inside to make sure the the filter is hanging below the float. Ive been careless and it was sitting on the ball. Had to release the pressure to fix it. Not a big deal but a waste of gas

1 Like

Well I didn’t get a filtered one… I’ll give this one a go… if need be, I’ll find a way to get a filter should I have problems…
Sneezles61

Well the filter will be needed if you dry hop without a bag. It also hold the tubing in the liquid. Ive used it without but ended up getting a couple pretty cheap anyway. It comes with a short metal tube piece you can stick in the end of the tubing to help keep it under the surface use it

1 Like