Do you listen to music while brewing? If so, what?

I usually make a Brewing Playlist on the iPod with some Deftones, Slipknot, Soilwork, Kvelertak, In Flames, Killswitch Engage, Gojira and other metal bands. Sometimes I’ll just put on Octane or Liquid Metal on the Sirius app. Gotta have tunes when brewing though!

iHeart radio. Today it is Candlebox. Can’t think of a band that should have made it bigger than it actually did, more so than Candlebox. Ahh… the early '90s

I have an extensive music collection and I sometimes forget what I own and I have this annoying ADD habit of skipping from song to song.

I have made it my new thing to rediscover a band or two in my collection, depending on how many batches I brew, and listen to their albums front to back in one sitting. I rarely have time to listen to entire albums and I have found I’m not so ADD about music when I am brewing.

It is amazing how good some of the deep cuts I have forgotten about are.

Bad Religion
Wilco
Beatles
Against Me!
Strung Out
Killers
Bob Dylan
Weezer
The Hold Steady
Ween
NOFX
The Gaslight Anthem
Lagwagon
Pixies
Muse
Flogging Molly
Dropkick Murphy’s
Frank Turner
Circle Jerks
Too many to name…

so far, my brewing has occured while the little ones are sleeping so music usually isnt on the docket. i would go with some blue grass or classic rock. So far, i usually have Duck Dynasty on TV while the brew work is happening.

This show for the past weekend will get some airtime during an upcoming brew for sure. One of the better panic setlist I have seen in some time. The second set is just sick. Just giving a first spin to get the day going at work.

http://www.panicstream.com/vault/widesp ... 3-alta-wy/

Widespread Panic
Grand Targhee
Alta, WY
07/06/2013

Set 1: (78 min)

01 intro
02 Diner >
03 Ribs and Whiskey
04 Ophelia >
05 The Shape Im In
06 1 x 1
07 Stop-Go*
08 Give
09 Casa Del Grillo
10 St Louis
11 Protein Drink >
12 Rock

Set 2: (74 mins)

01 intro
02 Glory
03 Space Wrangler
04 On This Mountainside
05 Success Yourself**
06 Wet Trombone Blues**
07 Low Spark of High Heeled Boys >
08 Surprise Valley >
09 Arleen >
10 Drums >
11 Surprise Valley >
12 Low Spark of High Heeled Boys

13 Tall Boy
14 crowd

Encore: (12 mins)

15 She Caught The Katy
16 Last Dance

Notes:

• w/ That Don’t Make It Junk rap
    ** w/ Danny Hutchens, acoustic guitar & vocals; Eric Carter, electric guitar

music bump

for the deadheads on here. great sound board matrix from 1990 to spin during your next brew or just while you are at the office.

https://archive.org/details/gd1990-03-1 ... 549.flac16

Set 1

Let The Good Times Roll
Touch Of Grey
New Minglewood Blues
Peggy-O
Queen Jane Approximately
Loser
Black Throated Wind
Bird Song
Blow Away

Set 2

Scarlet Begonias →
Estimated Prophet →
Ship Of Fools →
Man Smart, Woman Smarter
Jam →
Drums →
Space →
The Other One →
Stella Blue →
Sugar Magnolia

Encore
The Last Time

During football season I would listen to the sound of my Browns losing. Now I just crank up the ipod.

They Might Be Giants and the Beta Band are my top brew day artists, but not exclusive listening.

I hope the Ardennes yeast likes Jimi Hendrix!!

Usually not. I don’t need any distractions. Good music will cause me to pull out my guitar and start playing. And that will remind me of another song I want to play or learn. Then I’m online looking up chords or just strumming away. And then I’ve missed a hop addition or had a boil over.

I usually brew early in the am. Not into a jam just yet. Maybe tv.

I have a schedule and a list. I stick to it.

Got to crank the tunes. 50 wpc digital amp, full range speakers that have a f3 of 34hz. usually too busy to take the time for a play list so I just use Pandora one. 192k mp3 sounds pretty good in a garage. 8)

Ted Nugent, Godsmack, Rush, or Led Zepellin. Oh yeah.

Wow! This is like a hibernation thread. It went through 8 months of sleep before being awakened. The beer I am brewing guides my music choice. Last week I brewed a Rocky Mountain amber so I went with Pandora with a starting point of John Denver.

You cannot go wrong with brewing to Rush! :cheers:

I flip flop between the ‘Classic Rock’, ‘90s Alternative’, and ‘Eminem’ channels on Pandora.

kudos to starter of this post…i’m jotting down ideas as i type!

for some stupid reason I’d never brewed to music (only brewing since sept. though) then I saw this thread and thought DUH!!! busted out Pandora today and started Coyote Grace radio…then once everything get settled I finished up the day with Days of the New! Awesome brew day - - - -thanks for the musical reminder!

El ten eleven.

The thread is quite old, but the topic is really interesting and I like it.

Hope nothing bad will happen if I will make conversation here.

Here is a bit of my favorite music I like to listen during brewing and in any cases: Matt Elliott and The Wicker Man.
Especially it sounds great with my new Sennheiser HD.

GD mix

1 Like