Do you listen to music while brewing? If so, what?

Welcome to the forum… Interesting choice for brewing… How long have you been brewing? Styles? Where are U located? Sneezles61

1 Like

I’ve just started doing this, so I’m a beginner without experience and that’s why I am here.
Especially interesting in stouts and porters and also I would like to learn how to make cider.

You’ve come to the right place

Me just play metal. Like behemoth. Slayer death angel. And so on. A true passion metal music

Welcome! For the cider stuff, search for @dmtaylo2 's posts. Making it is easier than falling off a barstool… :wink:

3 Likes

Dave and Pork Chop are an indispensable duo with a plethora of knowledge… They sit as a book ends… one at C and the other at R! Sneezles61

3 Likes

I have XM radio. I listen to chill, 80’s, alt nation, and classic rewind.

Generally play Pandora off the phone and have stations for everything from Head East to Outlaw Country to Five Finger Death Punch to Fallout video game music. All what the mood of the day is…:sunglasses:

XM radio here too. Octane for me! Five Finger, Volbeat, Shinedown, Halestorm…all good!! My favorite DJ on there is Grant Random. Where he gets some of the things he says, I’ll never know.

1 Like

Just watched Springsteen on Broadway… WOW. Sneezles61

I bottled up 5 gallons this morning and had on some early Delta blues…Son House, Big Joe Williams, Memphis Minnie, Bukka White, Furry Lewis

Since I’m coming along with this “new technology”, I’ve been listening to podcasts… Denny’s, Beersmith, Brulosophy and Masters Brewers podcast’… There just so happens to be alot of info on those… Sneezles61

Played the Iyse Brothers first today now spinning Greetings from Asbury Park all vinyl of course

1 Like

Actually ordered some records while brewing today. Anyone else collect. I have been using discoggs to catalog. Very easy to order through the site. It has gotten very popular locally. Unfortunately people believe their records are worth a lot. Not many are. You can order anything fairly cheap. Shipping is about $5 but it stays the same even if you buy more than one. The trick is to find a seller who has a few records you want to bundle. Most records are a couple bucks unless you’re looking for mint really the only thing of value.

Part of the attraction of buying old LPs is that they should be cheap, and the nostalgia factor. I paid a bit more for George Harrison’s concert for Bangladesh albums….like 20 bucks or so recently.

1 Like

Thats a good record and good history. “The soul of the Beatles” I have a copy of All things Must Pass" jacket and paperwork intact but only one record been keeping my eye out. I love going to garage and rummage sales. I may have to go to Discoggs for that. Got some Mammas and Poppas and Peter Paul and Mary from a church lady the other day for a buck. Got a blessing as well

2 Likes

I have quite a collection of CD’s. I enjoy Pandora. I have the 5 dollar subscription … in my late teens, I decided to have guitars instead of records and their players. Any type of of music goes well with brewing…
Sneezles61

There is a great record store my grandson brought me to in Dillon CO. Couple old grey hairs with pony tails selling nothing but used records, CDs and guitars. It gets better. Upstairs was a brew Pub. No lie

Oh and when We were there the Pub was blasting Emmerson Lake and Palmer on the outside deck

2 Likes

I like rummaging for guitars. And old grey “tailed” folks are cool!
Sneezles61