Brewing and Football

No more football to watch but binging on Marvel Universe on Disney+ instead. Athleticism and violence a common thread. People get banged up but get up again

And really, we let Kyle Rudolf go…
I liked him…
Sneezles61

That’s the thing about having a 7yo boy who plays games online… explaining that I real life if you kill someone they don’t ‘just come back’…

Unless you are watching the walking dead :wink:

1 Like

I see Amazon has reached a deal with the NFL… Too watch football only on an Amazon pay to view network?
If that happens, it’ll be another sad football season ahead… I’ll listen on the radio… unless someone decides I have to pay for that too!
Sneezles61

Isn’t that deal only for Thursday night games? I do agree it is getting so anything you want to watch they are trying to make it pay. I thought the commercials we have to sit through was how we paid.

I just got to reading that article… Yup, Thursday night games… I still believe its a foot in the door for having to PAY to watch… I just can’t do that…
Sneezles61

They have had games before but not sure its exclusive. Usually the only games up for grabs are the Thursday games which are on the NFL’S own network. Fox and CBS have the rights for most of the games. I think as long as they pay im sure they will keep them. The Golden Goose

I think the story told the future… Air TV may be dying a slow death… And IF they let go of football… There won’t be much use for them… I see they’re getting more “Apps” to watch TV… I don’t understand that… By an App… to watch your fav show… and still get bothered with commercials… Its like, they kick you in the sweets, spin you around and kick you in the backside…
Nows a good time to listen to the song “money”… Fits quite well here, and keep yer hands off of my stack, Jack!
Sneezles61

Many apps let you pay a premium for commercial free. No commercials on ESPN but you watch a blank screen during breaks. Id rather watch commercials.

Streaming tv is the future even the networks have streaming station. The people watching cable or satalite are fewer and fewer tired of getting screwed. A lot of places HD antenna works. No contract for streaming i jump back and forth because there is no contract.

We are screwed out here… Too tall of trees… air signal comes and goes… So we do have cable TV and it keeps going up… every couple of months it seems they need another 2 + bucks… But if my wife can’t watch TV… my life WILL be real miserable… And we aren’t smart enough to figure how to stream stuff… Only time I need TV is for football… And for some music/concerts stuff…
Sneezles61

Not football but congratulations to our Syracuse Orangemen who dominated San Diego State 78-62 to advance in the NCAA tournament. Next stop Indianapolis to face WVU Mountaineers, a formidable opponent tomorrow at 5:15. A more reasonable tip off time than last nights 9:40 for us old folks.

Last nights lubrication was my Florida favorite Copperhead Unholy and for the Mrs. Due South caramel cream ale.

Syracuse winning with Ohio and Tennessee losing blew my day. Oh well better luck today. Didn’t watch the late games.

I went to Crutchfield to look at the gizmo’s to stream to our TV… Need to read more…
They also talked about MBPS (speed?)… said ours was 1132% below the nation… That doesn’t sound good either…
Oh dear… :no_mouth:
Sneezles61

I think if you sign up for 3 months of hulu they give you a free roku device. I use a Roku on 2 of my TV the other has roku and apple built in. I first had the apple tv device but prefer the roku because of the apps you can get. Apple only alows apps that pay them. Of course you can get the roku alone and watch tuns of content for free but not local tv for that you need Hulu or something. You still need an internet connection. I had the phone company run a DSL line so i have options if that is not available in your area you may have to move or keep paying your cable company for internet anyway. So id grab a roku anyway because you can have both. How do you watch Netflix?

By the way my speed isn’t the fastest but i was still able to stream 3 basketball games at the same time. Unless you’re a gamer you shouldn’t have a problem

https://molivielec.com/product/premiere-streaming-media-player-in-black-by-roku/

We have cable stuff… If I could just turn off the TV side… that’d be 120.00 savings…
We aren’t gamers either… We do have Pandora… non stop music…
I have time before the garden needs my attention… read up and see whats whats… I see Roku gizmo’s for under 100.00…
I do have like the first Apple TV… but I can’t seem to get things to talk together…

Maybe I should wack all these beautiful trees down… then see if I can get a signal? :fearful:
Sneezles61

I use Roku boxes on 3 tv’s here and have YouTube TV for a streaming service, which is not the cheapest streaming service but I get most all the channels I want for about 1/3 the cost the cable company charges. And for the past 3 years my son in boston has been able to use my account for his TV. I assume they will change the rules at some point and if so I will move to maybe FUBO tv which I had tried out and it had even more channels (more sports) for less money, but they have controls to make sure it is only for one household.
Regardless, as time goes on there is less and less content that compels me to watch. But the wife needs the HGTV and a couple of other channels so it serves the purpose.

1 Like

Check the link above Roku for $20