Brewing and Football

We had a Roku at the gym we used to have in our second building, worked great. Now my TV has Roku built in, love it.

:beers:
Rad

My TV is a smart TV as well. Amazon Prime Network, Youtube, Netflix and the Disney Channel are channel in it. As smart as it is I have to unplug it every now and then to reboot the internal “computer”

Too much thinnin’?
I have some time to fill…
Garden is still stuck to the ground…
Sneezles61

We have two Roku. The older one (2) has a headphone jack in the remote. It works great when I am watching a game on one tv and the Mrs is watching something else on another so the sound doesn’t clash. The latency is almost nonexistent. I can even put the remote in my pocket and wander around as long as I don’t get too far away.

For local channels without cable check out locast.com I may have already mentioned it but if you are in the right market you can stream local channels for free with an occasional add to pay $5 a month to ditch the nag add. If it wasn’t for the built in DVR and on demand my wife watches I would cancel Comcast TV and go with that. It’s too flat and far away for an antenna.

The days of password sharing passwords on streaming services may be coming to and end. I see Netflix is cracking down on it. So if you are watching it and someone else is also from a different IP one of you might get shut down.

Netflix sells itself as a mobile platform as well. How are they going to crack down on IP address and allow me to distract the kids while on vacation.

Chromecast or air mini

I assume that if you are only streaming from one IP, it doesn’t matter to them. But if one is in NY and another in LA they might have a problem with it. Especially if it is a regular thing.

I wonder how they will figure out devices that are connected to a VPN that might come up with IPs in different parts of the world each time. I tried once to watch SU basketball on my Roku and it came up as blacked out even though it was not available on TV in this market. Turned on the Norton VPN on my notebook and all was well. Would have been better on the big screen though.

As long as I can get through another season of Mandolorian on my borrowed Disney subscription I will be happy.

Wait! There is another season of Mandolorian ?

No only 2 seasons. The third is a year off and the will be a Boba Fett series coming out before it,

Theres alot of abbreviations… Secret code for" this left handed Swede will really squirm"? :joy:
Our cable box has TIVO on/in it… I have no idea what the hell it does… but there is a red light always on… I think the cable company is listening in… Trying to infiltrate our simple ways and really trip us up…
I’ll start with the simple Roku gizmo… try figure it out before it figures me out…
Sneezles61

Hulu, youtubetv they all have free DVR features

What is DVR?
Sneezles61

Digital video recorder

1 Like

DVR is a device that let’s you record a show to watch at a later time. I’ve never had one, because we don’t watch a ton of network stuff. We watched Big Bang Theory religiously, but dealing with putting 4 kids to bed, could never make 8:00 on Thursday. Thankfully, CBS.com would have the last three shows as streaming options and since I have my PC hooked up to my TV from when I used to game a lot, we could essentially watch them whenever we wanted. In today’s day and age of Netflix Hulu DisneyPlus etc, I continue to have no need for one. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

:beers:
Rad

2 Likes

I think he was joking. The DVR is great for sports you can choose your team and it wit record whenever you’re team plays no input from you. Watch delayed or if 2 or more games on at the same time.

Well this AM… no red light on the Tivo gizmo… Cable company isn’t watching us…
There is sooo many gizmo’s to try understand… I really don’t want to but then the wife will be so miserable without TV… I’m… :disappointed:
Sneezles61

TiVo is a debt device.

And that is… A money sucker?.
Went to a neighbors who has these gizmo’s… One is a WalFart device that plugs stuff into each other… But what ever is on your phone… shows up on the TV… 15 buck gizmo…
Then they have Raku also… A bit more complicated… but do-able… I think…
Oh nuts… the red light is back on!
Sneezles61

That casting device is a Chromecast its nice but you won’t be able to use your phone for something else while casting. Just get the $20 roku also sold at Walmart plug it in and follow the prompts. Its just another device load apps like using a phone

1 Like