Back to Shopping at NorthernBrewer.com

Your best M.O. malt

I’ve been using Warminster M.O. now for a few years and just can’t remember what other brands to use. What’s your favorite M.O. and why, and has anyone done a side by side with Warminster and others. Just curious…B.C.

been using a lot of 2 row and pilsner lately but last time I bought a sack of mo I brewed some vary tasty beers. I think its a vary exceptional malt. it is easy to add flavor and character to then other bases. IMO. Never had a problem with mash efficiency either. side by side I would say mo is higher but if you want a light color beer 2 row is better. IMO.

I’ve only used Thomas Fawcett. Mostly for ESB and stout. I like it but actually prefer Golden Promise for the ESB when I can get it. I feel like Golden Promise is a bit malt forward, has more bready character and fuller mouth feel.

Thanks Danny, I’d forgot about G.P., I used it some years back and your description triggered my memory. It is good stuff.

I’ve been on a Special Bitter kick lately and Simpson’s Golden Promise is my preferred malt for this.

Fawcett and Warminster MO are both really good.

Baird had a good flavor too.

Thanks guys for the input, I like to reach out and try other stuff sometimes, unless certain things are just too outstanding not to stick with. Cheers!

Crisp M.O. is very good.

Back to Shopping at NorthernBrewer.com