Whats your favorite commercial brew?

Surprised nobody has said it yet, so I’m going to be “that guy”.

My favorite beer is the next one I have 8)

Bells Two Hearted as well, although I also enjoy a Founders All Day IPA.

• Jeff

I just had one of these last night for the first time in a while. It was better than I remember.

If stranded on a tropical island, Weihenstephaner hefe, hands down. If stranded in a cold climate, expedition stout would be hard to beat.

Or, yeah, my next one.

Cheers,
Ron

Victoria Lager by Modelo has recently become available in Minneapolis. A tip of the hat to Ken Lenard, because I first heard about this on his web-site. This is a really smooth drinking amber, kind of a mexican vienna or oktoberfest. He was right, it’s really good, and is my current new favorite

Like Beatles or Stones or Phish songs, I have to have a rolling top 5 of readily-available high production beers (ie not special release triple oak aged hop humper). Currently in no particular order (domestic only):

-Bell’s 2 Hearted
-Heady Topper
-Hill Farmstead (pretty much anything, but Edward is a cut above)
-Rodenbach
-Founders Breakfast Stout

hon. mention for Dales Pale Ale, Ithaca Flower Power, Jai Alai, and OB Mama’s Little Yella Pils

Summertime, this may change to (all of these behind my house blonde):

-Radeberger German Pils
-Allagash White
-Saison Dupont
-Urquell (in kegs or cans)
-Heady Topper (just because it can’t be displaced)

I kinda go in cycles for favorite brews… right now these are two of my favorite:

Sierra Nevada Bigfoot - Brandywine

Grey Sail - Flying Jenny - Extra Pale Ale -great lighter beer

I am also very fond of 2 Roads Brewery in CT. Everything that I have had from them is awesome!

Do any of you guys use the App “Untappd”? Great way to track your beers, rate what you like, and find new ones. I highly recommend it. Plus its A LOT of fun tracking and unlocking badges.

BB

Rochefort 10, followed by “pretty much anything Belgian.”

For something with a lower ABV, Guinness.

Great Lakes Brewing - Barrel Aged Blackout Stout. I still have a few aging in my basement from this years batch and it’s the hardest thing to resist drinking them :slight_smile:

I was actually at Great Lakes on Wednesday and if you like black IPA,I highly recommend their Bridge War if you can find it, it’s quite good. I will also be sure to stock up on more of the barrel aged Blackout Stout this year as it disappeared too quick this year.

As for my favorites:

Summer:
Heady Topper
Dogfish Head 90 Minute IPA
Paulaner Heffe-Weisbier

Winter:
Sierra Nevada Celebration Ale
Great Lakes - Edmund Fitzgerald
Founders - Dirty Bastard

Notable mentions:
Troeg’s - Mad Elf
Southern Tier - Pumking
Great Lakes - Commodore Perry

As for Untappd, it is indeed an awesome app, but it’s also part of the reason I haven’t bought more than 2 cases of a single beer over the past two years, always going for a new unique check in. :lol: It has been the reason I have expanded my palate so much because I’m always looking for something new and finding some really good beers that I probably wouldn’t have tried otherwise.

:cheers:
Rad

Damn, like many have said, this is a tough one to answer. Right now i’m on a serious DFH 120 minute IPA kick. So tasty. Second to that is Heady Topper. The tough thing about these two brews is that they are both tough to get and they can put a real hurting on you. Another all time favorite is Guiness.

[quote=“Frenchie”]If stranded on a tropical island, Weihenstephaner hefe, hands down. If stranded in a cold climate, expedition stout would be hard to beat.

Or, yeah, my next one.

Cheers,
Ron[/quote]
Nice! I just had that this evening at my local beer bar. LOVE that beer.

I might choose the same, actually.

My favorite book: “East of Eden” by John Steinbeck.
My favorite song: “La plus que lente” by Debussy.
My favorite movie: Either Charlie Chaplin’s “Modern Times” or “The Meaning of Life” from the Monty Python team, or maybe “Talk to Her”.
My favorite beer? Wow, that’s just way too hard to pin down. What does that mean? In any of those other categories, there’s every bit as much competition, yet I have little trouble identifying a favorite, or at least a very small group of favorites. But when it comes to beer, I just can’t narrow it down to less than maybe 20. Does that mean I love beer more than any of those other categories of human expression? I don’t know. All I know is that if I’m an alcoholic, I’m a pretty thoughtful one.

I had my first sample of this last week. This was one of those beers that I said after tasting it: “What took me so long to try this, and what else may be out there that I have been missing!”

My second thought was, I wonder if I can brew this…

Pretty much anything from Summit is my go to. Can find it in any Liquor store and its MN made.

Weihenstephaner Original (year round)
Gaffel Kolsch (Spring)
Dogfish 60 Minute IPA (Summer)
Saison DuPont (Fall)
Rouge Dead Guy Ale (Winter)

Have to go back to my Montana roots and stick with the first craft brew I ever had: Moose Drool from Big Sky Brewing. I had no idea beer could taste like that after drinking Milwaukee’s Best and Coors Light for so long. Cold Smoke from Kettlehouse is another MT beer that is up there too. A more recent, non-Montana addition to the list is Deschutes Fresh Squeezed IPA.

+1 for Moose Drool and Cold Smoke, best Brown Ale & Scottish Ales MT has to offer. Summer Honey (from Big Sky, makers of Moose Drool) is an excellent summertime beer too!

Also from Missoula, big fan of Bayern’s brews. Bayern is an authentic German brewery with the founder coming straight from Germany. Love the Dragon’s Breath Dark Hef & Dancing Trout Wheat Ale. Not sure how far Bayern reaches outside the Northwest, but worth picking up their Craft Pack variety pack if you’ve never tried it before and can find it.

[quote=“GRIZFAN20”][quote=“grizzly”]+1 for Moose Drool and Cold Smoke, best Brown Ale & Scottish Ales MT has to offer. Summer Honey (from Big Sky, makers of Moose Drool) is an excellent summertime beer too!

Also from Missoula, big fan of Bayern’s brews. Bayern is an authentic German brewery with the founder coming straight from Germany. Love the Dragon’s Breath Dark Hef & Dancing Trout Wheat Ale. Not sure how far Bayern reaches outside the Northwest, but worth picking up their Craft Pack variety pack if you’ve never tried it before and can find it.[/quote][/quote]

I load up on Cold Smoke and Dragon’s Breath every time I go back to Missoula, or anywhere in MT where I can find either of them. Luckily, Moose Drool and Summer Honey (or whatever Big Sky seasonal is available) are readily available in SD. Bayern’s Dump Truck is pretty good on a hot summer day too. As far as I know Bayern is still available MT only, but maybe that’s changed since I lived there. I know it’s not available in SD for sure.

[quote=“grizzly”][quote=“GRIZFAN20”][quote=“grizzly”]+1 for Moose Drool and Cold Smoke, best Brown Ale & Scottish Ales MT has to offer. Summer Honey (from Big Sky, makers of Moose Drool) is an excellent summertime beer too!

Also from Missoula, big fan of Bayern’s brews. Bayern is an authentic German brewery with the founder coming straight from Germany. Love the Dragon’s Breath Dark Hef & Dancing Trout Wheat Ale. Not sure how far Bayern reaches outside the Northwest, but worth picking up their Craft Pack variety pack if you’ve never tried it before and can find it.[/quote][/quote]

I load up on Cold Smoke and Dragon’s Breath every time I go back to Missoula, or anywhere in MT where I can find either of them. Luckily, Moose Drool and Summer Honey (or whatever Big Sky seasonal is available) are readily available in SD. Bayern’s Dump Truck is pretty good on a hot summer day too. As far as I know Bayern is still available MT only, but maybe that’s changed since I lived there. I know it’s not available in SD for sure.[/quote]

I know you can find Bayern in select spots in Idaho and Washington. Hopefully it moves out to your side of MT soon. Umm, a Dump Truck sounds good now, might have to swing my Bayern and pick some up for the weekend.