What’s Brewin’?

amazing

Did a Michigan Copper IPA and another IPA, both session beers.

Maybe paint the box black to get more?

Thats a thought. Will try it. If this works. Need a bigger box or jug any way to warm my water

The reason the Pex hose will work better than just a box of water is that there is much more surface area to volume for the sun to heat up. So you could cut that time significantly. I agree painting black will help

I find simply filling my MT and HLT the day before brewing will raise the temp some overnight inside our garage in summer months. Certainly not anything like using a coil or some other solar heating method but it does raise the temp from ground water temp enough to save on some propane.

Today I have to get off my rear end and make up a starter to use up that sack of grain I have been ignoring. I don’t usually brew the same beer back to back but I have a bunch of hops in the freezer that will make a nice IPA so I will be sick of that by fall.

1 Like

After I get through the two beers already planned, my pumpkin ale(already day 3 in the fermenter), and NB’s Plinian Legacy, likely this weekend, I need to get something lighter in the session beer Abv range going…thinking a grisette with Ardennes yeast…

Me un expected day off. And can do nothing on the construction project. The electrician will work on the power conections for my up coming brewery. So will brew today. A black ipa.

So what i did do. Collected water yesterday morning. Did put it up the concreet. Roof slash drinking area. 2 black 5 gall buckets. Around 8 this morning. Water around. 152. Nice. Quik done to my strike temp 164. Around 15 min. Did save me lots of propane and waiting time.

4 Likes

Now you’ll need to have them sent WWWAAAYYY up here to ferment cool… I’ll tell you how they turned out! :wink: Sneezles61

1 Like

Now you should do an experiment where you just Brew in a Bag of the roof during the day and just do a quick boil for hopping and sterilization.

1 Like

Not to change the subject but today I’m brewing 9 gallons of an 5% Amber ESB. Nice football beer when you will be having more than one. 4 gallons I’ll blend with a gallon of 11.8% barrel aged Barley wine I have left sitting in a keg. That will probably end up being about 6.5%, that’s the one I’m going after the 5 gallons of session ESB is a bonus

3 Likes

I didn’t brew my IPA like I was gonna do on the other thread… I just sooo busy… BUT, last W/E I did brew an APA… took a sample just a few minutes ago… 1.008, sample was very smooth… I did employ 1 pound of Cascade cones for a 10 gallon batch! Sneezles61

1 Like

Just put Hank’s Hefeweizen from Midwest in the fermentor. Using harvested WB-06. Will ferment this one at 62° to 63°F to attempt coaching more clove flavor. The last one only had a little clove at the finish. I didn’t care for it but it was liked in Rochester for the Light Up the Night block party. Neighbor of wifes sister had quit drinking all beer because it was just flavored water. After being cajoled into a sip wanted a full glass. But I’m still going to try for more clove so I can drink it too. No clove they get 5 gallons.

1 Like

Today is the first chance I’ve had to brew all month. Fruit Bazooka is planned for the afternoon. I’m intrigued by the complete lack of bittering hops and fermenting above 85 degrees. I’m excited!

:beers:
Rad

Me did plan for a heffeweisen tuesday. But now gonna do. A vanilla porter. Just got some vanilla beans from the rest at work

Cooking some tart cherries from this year’s crop for a cherry Saison as I type this. Will rack half of the 10 gallons I did back on 7/31 onto them for a week or so.

1 Like

Rye Saison with my first try at no boil brewing.

So here’s the brew after being on cherries for about 12 hours. Way more than last go round.

2 Likes

Boy that s full! I would watch the airlock and consider a blowoff.

1 Like