What’s Brewin’?

Undate status brew area. Concrete roof ready. Slash lounch drinking area. Now wait 2 weeks to let it dry. Than work on inside. Brew area. Window water power conections. Concrete. Counter. Top

How will you get up on the roof to drink up there ?

First brew room ready and new. Kegurator. Than build concreet stair. Sort of stairway of beer heaven

4 Likes

OR, visit Colorado, get some of their stuff and just… fly up there! :sleeping: Sneezles61

1 Like

Nice brew session yesterday. No construction so time to brew. 12 lbs 2 row malt. 1.1 lbs caramel og 1.060 magnum 60 min 0.5 0z. Perle 30min 0.5 oz. Cetenial 1oz 10 min. Cetenial 2oz 5 min. 15 min irish moss. 10 min yeast nutrient. Boil size 7.7 gal. Batch. 5.5 gal. Dryhop cetennial 7 days 1oz. Just did a check. Busy fermenting. Nice krauzen

1 Like

Are you talking to your self? :sunglasses: Sneezles61

2 Likes

Alone at home this weekend. So it must be

1 Like

NEIPA Session in the primary. Kolsch has been promoted into the clearing/carbonating stage.

1 Like

Double batch of Saison (going to do tart cherries in half of it) and a Michigan Copper IPA if time allows.

You give me inspiration wilcolandzaat.

Just purchased my wife a new High Tech Frig for the kitchen.
The old one goes into the garage as her backup.
No more eggs in my beer frig.
As part of the deal,
The neglected small deep freezer is mine as a back up keezer to my 3 tap beer frig.
Hello Lagers.

2 Likes

So I really need to stock up on my brew as my August and Sept months will be tied with other crap.
What to brew this weekend?

Have 3 taps 70% full with IPAs and Porters.
2 - 5 gallon kegs (Vienna IPA) in the backup keezer.
have room for 8 more gallons this weekend.

Any ideas?

I rotate from IPAs (Rye based and Vienna), porters and stouts with occasional barleywines…

Something new to try?

You’re the one who said “hello lagers.”

1 Like

I’d wait with the lagers for a bit… APA, Big Blonde… Heck, even a smooth brown with a bit of a kick too! Belgium golden blonde… Big one for sipping by the fire pit… A sassy saison with some fall spices of apple pie, or pumpkin spice… Wait a minute… Shouldn’t a brew taste like… a brew? Sneezles61

1 Like

They did take the wood casing away yesterday. Concreet roof dry now. So work on inside begins today. On the end my wife happy. No more fermenting beer inside the house. Me my own brew area. And no more moving stuff out side. During brew day.

1 Like

I got it…

Going to reattempt the AHA DIPA (different thread).

Will attempt lagers in the fall plus my wife
Needs to empty her frozen food out of my new keezer…

Still thinking about no gas or electric boil. So you start with the solar water heater and then add a parabolic mirror into the equation.

1 Like

I’ve often thought about some how incorporating a magnifying glass… We never needed matches to light a fire… Sneezles61

Me did experiment last week a aluminium box i did fill up with. 9 gal water put it in my yard. In about a 3 hours or so it made it up to 153 155. Could use this for mash. And sparge. So now if i put it the day before on my roof. And start brewing 2pm. I might get the temp up to 164. Its getting summer now and freaking hot