What’s Brewin’?

This is what I love most with my electric system. Prepare my water and turn the element on before going to bed. Wake up and the water is to the temps I need. And due to thermal mass it doesn’t cycle too often.

That is one of the best features of my Foundry. Set the strike temp and the timer, go to bed and it’s reading to mash in when you wake.

2 Likes

Going to make an oatmeal porter this AM as a base for a shot at a commercial oatmeal creme pie beer my friend likes. Hopefully. Looking at the recipe this AM i think I might be a little heavy on the dark malts. :face_with_monocle:

EDIT: Update- It’s in the fermenter and the wort has a nice sweetish oatmeal flavor. The dark malts haven’t overpowered the thing yet but we’ll see how it is after it gets fermented. :crossed_fingers:

6# Maris Otter
2# flaked oats
1# munich
.75# CC20
.5# CC120
6 oz. chocolate malt
4 oz. roasted barley
4 oz. midnite wheat
.75 lactose
.5# dark muscavado sugar
.25 columbus at 60
1 oz EKG at 30
.5 columbus at 15
fermenting with Safeale London

1 Like

Maris Otter/Mosaic smash. Great brew day!

well I brewed an amber ESB today. Had to add some DME because my OG was low. Still trying to figure that out

1 Like

Doing a small batch of my Mosaic/Golden Promise smash at the brewery. Using an Anvil system which is very different for me compared to my 3 vessel system at home. :sunglasses:

3 Likes

We’ll need al the nitty gritty details of yer brew session!!
Sneezles61

https://forum.northernbrewer.com/t/brewery-brew-day-with-the-anvil/30488?u=wmnoob

Link does not work for me. Says the page is private or does not exist. I am interested because I am an Anvil Foundry brewer.

Try it now. I think I fixed it. :sunglasses:

Unexpected brew day today. With a guest diver slash home brewer

3 Likes

Ferocious IPA from our hosts brewday today. Rain pushed through this morning and the sun is now coming out to burn it all off. :sunglasses:

:beers:
Rad

2 Likes

Hit up an Amber Lager yesterday for my nieces grad party in late June. Also doing a blonde ale that will be a little fruity from Citra and galaxy hops.

2 Likes

Zombie Dirt brewday today. It is mother’s day so I begged if I could brew today instead of rainy cold yesterday and she agreed. I’ll cook her a nice steak dinner to make up for it. :innocent:

:beers:
Rad

3 Likes

Brewed an Amber with MI Summit and Galaxy hops. Mostly very late additions. Had a couple of friends with an interest in brewing help. Things went fairly smoothly so a very enjoyable brew day.

3 Likes

Brewed a party IPA today. 5% ABV. I brewed 5 gallons im going to have to do another batch. A lot of parties coming up

3 Likes

I like the ABV. I routinely make beers around this especially for parties.

Did help a new person here on island with a brew. He did buy a starter kit from our host he did buy few extract kits as well. A white house honey. Ale we did. He was wondering why white house ale name. Told him beacuse of barack obama. He did brew in the white house. My self. Have to wait untill my frementers are empty. Before brew again and busy busy with divers at work

3 Likes

Double batch (10 gal.) of Saison. Not sure what the heck I was looking at yesterday. :exploding_head: When I went to get my hops and yeast out this AM I only had one pack of Saison and not enough of the hops. Flying trip to the not so local HBS.

2 Likes