What’s Brewin’?

brewing a What the Helles today.

1 Like

Did saturday. A saison nice day everthing did came together. Love it to have company while brewing. But alone this time started like 4 in the morning. Even had time for a dive later on the day. And few beers

3 Likes

Did my first brew Sunday with Beersmith, going to have to dial in my numbers again, but got pretty close. Brewed the Bavarian Heffeweizen Project recipe I work on every spring. It’s bubbling away like mad in the basement currently. Also got my 1 lb of Citra from Yakima yesterday, so Pseudo Sue clone is on deck for next weekend. Our hosts ran a 22% off sale for 2/22/22 so I had to jump on that. Just received ingredients today for Lakefront Fixed Gear clone (Julie’s Beer) and Swig of Sunbeams. Gonna be a busy few weeks! :sunglasses:

:beers:
Rad

5 Likes

Missed that sale. I saw it on the 23rd. :roll_eyes:
Denny and Drew’s podcast noted Citra as the number 1 hop again for the past year….
Growth in US hop production is finally slowing a bit after several years with 100% increase.
Of interest, British hop production is down to less than 1% of total hops now, apparently no one is brewing British styles, and the fields are being bought up for suburban development.

Brewed up my Psuedo Sue clone yesterday, had to dig around on the interwebs a good bit last weekend to piece my latest recipe back together. Got the tilt in this one, going like gangbusters on the heating pad in the basement, fermentor wrapped in a blanket. :sunglasses:

Rad

1 Like

Getting geared up to brew 2 American Lagers. I’m going to use the exact recipe for both except in one I’ll be using rice and the other maize so I can show people the differences between the two. Then, I need to get my Mexican Lager going so it’s ready for Cinco de Mayo!

4 Likes

Someday, it’d be cool to make a “brewing calendar”… A guide for when to brew for an event coming up… according to holidays and celebrated brew events… Bock fest is any day now? St. Pats… How about the grasshopper guy?
Sneezles61

Grasshopper guy?

St. Uhro’s (sounds like air hose) Purple day… the day before St. Pats… Finlanders all over up here…
Sneezles61

3 Likes

Me doing tomorow morning early. A stout. Upon request from my daughter. Only deal i made. She has to collect the water. And mill the grains. Mmm wonder if this is gonna work out. Will collect water tonight. And mill tonight as well. Will be good plan at my house. Sleep over lady party. Forgot its my wife turn to host a party. 10 women sleep over. Me sleep at my friends house. Beer. Scotch. Some cuban sigars

2 Likes

Saison Buffon today. 4 hours flat. Had a friend that wanted to help and pitched right in. Nice day!

2 Likes

Brewing Swig of Sunbeams from our host today. Having 3 families down for the afternoon and dinner (and several beers of course). Should be a great day! :sunglasses:

Rad

1 Like

Brewed the La Petite Orange kit from our host yesterday for the first time. It was a nice back to basics brew and everything went well. Bubbling away nicely this morning.

Expected OG is 1.052 I got 1.060 following the instructions and no other additives. We will see what the FG is.

I grilled chicken breast for my wife to have for her lunches and microwaved some to stuff the dogs pills in then brewed. Was on my feet all day so the knees were unhappy last night.

1 Like

You must be hanging out for another few days? :sunglasses:. Bee’s knees? They sting…
Sneezles61

Yup and a little stiff this morning. We will be hanging out till May unless the weather up north improves significantly or it gets too hot here.

2 Likes

Brewing an NEIPA today and using some Mighty Axe Tropica hops. Saw them on the site and thought I give em a whirl. Anyone else try these yet?

1 Like

Bottled a chocolate stout that had been languishing in the fermenter for so long my airlock was almost dry. Life has been so busy.

Took the steeping grains from our host’s Tombstone Pale Ale extract kit and mashed them in with some two row, vienna, and torrified wheat about 6:00 this am. FWH with some columbus, simcoe at 20, azacca and galaxy at 10, and a 10 minute wp with an oz of galaxy. Pitched US05. Should end up as some kind of an IPA. Filled.my strike and sparge water last night so it’d be at room temp this am. Saved me some time. :sunglasses:

2 Likes

I have done that and can’t explain why I don’t do it more often. Not only does it save time but saves some propane too.

1 Like

Saturday will brew a lemon grass ale. Got some sarachi hops. Some mandrin. And my neighbor got lemon grass growing.