What Glassware to you Prefer?

Someone, I won’t mention who, was kind enough to hook me with 4 of those 16 oz can shaped glasses only available from Tallgrass Brewery in KC. I drink most of my beer, no matter what they are, from those, although occasionally I’ll use my BTV or NB pint glass.

[quote=“Pietro”][quote=“fightdman”]I have TONS of shaker glasses, but I’ve been drinking out of these lately, and I really like them.
[/quote]

That thing is handsome. It reminds me of the glasses we would get with a pitcher in an old school bar we went to in college. Are they 10oz or pint sized?[/quote]

I think they are 19oz

I really like the Spiegelau “stemmed pilsner” glasses for pretty much everything.

my favorite glass is my ‘hair of the dog’ tulip glass. (now that i said that, it will probably break in the near future)

I use the tulip glass for RIS, IIPA, and Belgian styles

for everything else i use regular pint glasses. i have a bunch from different brewerys

[quote=“Chaz”]I really like the Spiegelau “stemmed pilsner” glasses for pretty much everything.

[/quote]

Me too. My wife and I got a set for our wedding this past summer. My best man (brother) got them etched with ‘His’ and ‘Hers’ and the date of the wedding.

Our go-to glasses. The glass is a bit thin–I know our marriage will last longer than the glasses, but I do like them.

Pint glass, or Mason Jar. Saves trips to the fridge.

That’s why I like the Mason Jar. You go from cold and crisp to cool and flavorful.

[quote=“fightdman”][quote=“Pietro”][quote=“fightdman”]I have TONS of shaker glasses, but I’ve been drinking out of these lately, and I really like them.
[/quote]

That thing is handsome. It reminds me of the glasses we would get with a pitcher in an old school bar we went to in college. Are they 10oz or pint sized?[/quote]

I think they are 19oz[/quote]

I just bought four of these for $4 at the dollar store. They work great. Everytime I grab one I tell my wife and kids, “It’s the power of a dollar.” I also have four of the british pub style glasses from the dollar store. Again, the power of a dollar…

I’ve been using clear plastic cups lately.

Shakers, since that’s mostly what I have.
Recently on a whim I got a set of glasses from New Belgium. Snifters, I guess.

[quote=“Son of a Kraut”][quote=“fightdman”][quote=“Pietro”]I have TONS of shaker glasses, but I’ve been drinking out of these lately, and I really like them.
[/quote]

That thing is handsome. It reminds me of the glasses we would get with a pitcher in an old school bar we went to in college. Are they 10oz or pint sized?

I think they are 19oz[/quote]

I just bought four of these for $4 at the dollar store. They work great. Everytime I grab one I tell my wife and kids, “It’s the power of a dollar.” I also have four of the british pub style glasses from the dollar store. Again, the power of a dollar…[/quote]
Which dollar store? I ask because they cost me a little more and I like to pick up a couple more.

I found them at Dollar Tree. Sweet! I was planning a little etched glass project and these may be perfect!

Any glass that doesn’t leak is fine by me. Not a fan of the gimmicky stuff.
My go-to for just about any beer is the good ol’ “nonick”; these days I favor the 10oz version, especially when pouring from the kegs (somehow, it helps me keep tabs on my consumption better).

However, I do enjoy my barleywines and similar beers in a large brandy snifter, but not because I believe it enhances the beer (other than visually) but rather, to make cracking open a bottle of well aged beer a more special “occasion”.

I think I have every type of beer glass available. I love collecting different styles. I think it is a secondary hobby that comes from enjoying so many different types of beer. OK, I’m a beer snob. :slight_smile:

I gave up on glass completely. I am a complete clutz if I am not paying close attention (like when I am moving fermentors or such). For sitting around and relaxing with my brews I generally stick to a double walled clear plastic cup, roughly 20 ounces and it can have a top put on it with a straw if I want to have a beer while I am doing something dusty or dirty. Don’t think they don’t break when I eventually drop them but they do not shatter into a zillion sharp peices that I am then worrried about for a long time.

Barry

[quote=“Chaz”]I really like the Spiegelau “stemmed pilsner” glasses for pretty much everything.

[/quote]

This is basically what I was talking about with my New Belgium glass above. I just didn’t know what it was called.

Jayzus…I’ve already got enough things occupying my mind to spend moolah on. :stuck_out_tongue: Usually whatever’s handy.

I’ve always used my beer mugs, which I keep in the deep freeze in the basement with my beer. When i put one in the freezer to get ice cold I get out the glass and beer, so I always have a cold one. Just don’t forget the last beer you put in.

My freind uses small dixie cups to drink from his ice cold kegs in his wood shop.

I saw an ad for a restaurant that was talking up their selection of beers on tap and how the frosted mugs create beer slushies. I thank them for the warning.

Anyone drinking beer from a straight sided shaker glass is really doing a disservice to themselves and their beer. Don’t believe me? Do a tasting of the same beer in several glasses of different shapes - there is a tremendous difference. The glass really should curve in a bit at the top to concentrate the aromas. It is always disappointing to me when a brewery serves their beer in shaker pints - I guess they are cheap.

For “everyday” ale drinking, I like the Dogfish “shaped” pint glass. For most lagers and golden/blonde ale type beers, I prefer a willibecher.

For English Ales, I really prefer the Guinness-style tulip pints or some similar Boddington’s glasses that I found a while back (I’ve never seen anything else like them).

For high grav stuff, I have a wide variety of stemmed/footed tulips, snifters, etc. My favorite is a Bell’s tulip glass (they don’t seem to make the exact same one anymore). I had three, my wife broke two so far :x My next favorite is probably the Dogfish Signature glass. I have a bunch of others in different shapes from Cigar City, New Belgium, Brooklyn, etc.

I recently picked up one of these new “can” shaped glasses. I like that a lot, too for everyday drinking stuff.

[quote]Anyone drinking beer from a straight sided shaker glass is really doing a disservice to themselves and their beer. Don’t believe me? Do a tasting of the same beer in several glasses of different shapes - there is a tremendous difference. The glass really should curve in a bit at the top to concentrate the aromas. It is always disappointing to me when a brewery serves their beer in shaker pints - I guess they are cheap.

[/quote]

I don’t know if the glass makes that big of a difference. Maybe the effort of finding the “right” glassware enhances your experience. If so, great.

To me its just beer. Shaker pint glasses are just fine with me. If you gave me a beer in a jelly jar I’d be ok with that too.