What Glassware to you Prefer?

16oz Mason Jar and other assorted stolen pint glasses.

I hate shaker pints. We got a set of these for our wedding and I honestly use this for just about every style. These do great things for aroma. Never dishwashed, scrubbed with salt/baking powder and water and/or sanitizer.

http://www.williams-sonoma.com/products ... -5077356-2

People make fun of me for my snobbery, but I’ve been to a few different types of tastings where they demonstrate the differences glassware can make in the beverage (wine, icewine, beer, etc.), and am totally on board. Plus, if I’m paying $1.50-$5.00/pint for a commercial craft beer, OR drinking something that I have spent weeks/months making, I want to enjoy it out of a good glass.

I also got a few New Belgium goblets/tulips from a beer dinner we went to that I use if I’m pouring for a number of people.

I used those ECO friendly SOY paper type cups. After one soaks up 3 or 4 beers I eat the cup and get a fresh one. :lol:

Naw, Not really.

For now I just grab what ever glass is handy, I haven’t got any fancy ones yet. I do like the big tall thick heavy glass mugs. I have a couple I found cheap at yard sales and such with fancy etchings for tourist stuff or advertising.
I can buy the same large glass mugs plain at those $1 stores for $1 each so plan to get a dozen and do my own fancy etchings on them.

I don’t have anyplace to put fancy glasses for now and need other things more.
I did just order 5 kegs though so I am getting there. But now I’ll need 25gals of beer, a frig, taps, etc…
:cheers:

[quote=“Pietro”]We got a set of these for our wedding and I honestly use this for just about every style.[/quote]I think if I poured one of my beers in that glass it would either shatter it from the IBUs or the rest of the keg would commit suicide by stuck poppit. Probably both. :wink:

I have TONS of shaker glasses, but I’ve been drinking out of these lately, and I really like them.

First choice are my Sam Adams glasses. My backups are oversized weissbeer glasses with a large bulb on top.

For things like barleywines I will generally use a small snifter or maybe my Glencairn Scotch tasting glasses.

[quote=“fightdman”]I have TONS of shaker glasses, but I’ve been drinking out of these lately, and I really like them.
[/quote]

That thing is handsome. It reminds me of the glasses we would get with a pitcher in an old school bar we went to in college. Are they 10oz or pint sized?

would the keg commit suicide because it was embarrassed to be drunk out of such a frilly glass?!

IBU’s are the REASON to drink out of a glass like this!

[quote=“Pietro”]would the keg commit suicide because it was embarrassed to be drunk out of such a frilly glass?! IBU’s are the REASON to drink out of a glass like this![/quote]“Frilly” is a PC way to describe them, but yes, IPAs prefer to be consumed in a proper, straight-sided, heavy pint glass and anything with curves or thin sides is just an insult. I can see IBUs from Fuggles or maybe Crystal being enhanced by a girly glass, though.

My go to glass is a tuliped Guinness glass. I picked up a 10 pack of footed 10oz Grolsch glasses on eBay that are perfect for guests who’d like to try what’s on tap. I have one of those ‘special’ Sam Adams glasses that my wife like to drink Skull Splitter out of and a handfull of Duvell glasses for the big stuff (and a few snifters for the bigger big stuff). I’ve collected a number of regular pint glasses that normally just get used for water or cocktails.

I have a couple of 16 oz snifters from New Belgium and they’re my go to glasses for damn near anything. Have a 24 oz wine glass on standby for cold bombers when I want to experience the change from cold to room temp

That’s called a decanter. :lol:

You must be fluent in IPA.

[quote=“Pietro”]You must be fluent in IPA.[/quote]About 80% of what I brew - IPAs speak to me in a language that I can understand. :cheers:

The more experienced I get, the more I believe that a stemmed wine glass is the best all around beer glass.

Ha. I do love me some hops as well. So you mainly use shaker pints for yours?

I grab my Tervis tumbler beer mug much of the time. But I also try beers in a variety of glasses because I’m occasionally surprised to find a beer-glass pairing that is outside the norm. For instance, I was very surprised at the aroma and taste of New Glarus Stone Soup out of an ordinary hotel room short cocktail glass.

Big fan of the Sam Adams glass I borrowed from Chili’s.

I love the Sam Adams glass and the “brewtus” glass from Applebee’s.

My first choice is usually a snifter (NHC 12 taster is good) or a Tulip glass. If I’m opening a 750 or 1.5L bottle to drink on my own, I DO use a wine decanter. For the hefty beers, I tend toward the Chimay goblet.