What does everyone have upcoming on their brewing docket?

So far this month I’ve brewed:

Old Sock’s Nieuwe Bruin (lacto sour worted oud bruin/old ale) - currently absorbing French oak in secondary, and to half of it I also added tart cherry juice concentrate part way thru primary.
and
MashWeasel’s Leetle Kilter 70 Shilling (well, 80 Shilling) Scottish Ale (on tap)

This weekend going to brew an all-citra IPA - my take on Three Floyd’s Zombie Dust, although I’ve never tasted it.

a style that I love, love, love to drink.

But have yet to brew. don’t know why that is. I always forget to purchase smoked malt. Guess that may be slowing me down.[/quote]

you dont need smoked malt to make a wee heavy. I would skip it but that will be something you will need to try

[quote=“muddywater_grant”][quote=“freckledbelly”]St Paul Porter with honey on Monday

Imperial Mild soon after.

Brewing an experimental wheat for my brother and an English Pale Ale.[/quote]

Not to be a douche. But wouldn’t a imperial mild be a brown? I have never had a mild. So i could SO completly wrong. But what I read and see in the grain bill is a low alcohol, very light hopped recipe that looks damn close to a brown.

I would love to be correcting. Because they style is “foreign” to me.[/quote]

imperail is basically just double of everything in simple terms, you can have an imperial mild, and an imperial brown ale

I’m planning a Special Bitter, using the yeast from an Ordinary Bitter that is almost ready for bottling. After that, I’m doing an Irish Red followed by a Dry Stout (reusing the Irish Red yeast) in order to get ready for St. Patrick’s Day.

Dead Ringer as a welcome home for a soldier returnign this spring and then a Anchor Steam clone. Ubdecided after that.

Double chocolate imperial stout for st patricks day

I think they named it “Imperial Mild” to poke fun at the trend of craft brewers coming up with “Imperial” versions of everything. The description is pretty funny:
[quote="
http://www.northernbrewer.com/shop/brewing/recipe-kits/all-grain-kits/all-grain-ale-kits/imperial-mild-all-grain-kit.html
":1h6tq13q]This overfed reddish-brown session beer crams twice as much mildness into every pint: … A lawnmower beer for people with really big lawns …[/quote]

BJCP-wise, yes, it would probably do better as some sort of Brown.

This weekend, getting my Irish Stout done for St. Pattie’s Day. Over the next couple months: Deaf Badger (Blind Pig clone), Vienna lager, Jamil’s Evil Twin clone, Double IPA, couple of wit beers (with different yeasts), couple of Saisons (with different yeasts).

APA w/ Centennial, Chinook & Cascade
BDSA
Imperial raspberry porter
American barleywine
All Falconer’s Flight IIPA
Burton ale
Denny’s BVIP (for batch #100; first time I brewed it was batch #50)
Flanders red
Micro IPA
Stout for St. Paddy’s

It’s gonna take a while to get through this list. Helps to have a plan, though.

Kegging “Lakefront Fixed Gear” tomorrow and doing the NB American Amber kit for the second time. Thinking of adding a little Centennial to the boil this time. Made it last time “from the box” and it was great. I just really like Centennial hops.

I haven’t a clue. Too many choices…

I think they named it “Imperial Mild” to poke fun at the trend of craft brewers coming up with “Imperial” versions of everything. The description is pretty funny:
[quote="
http://www.northernbrewer.com/shop/brewing/recipe-kits/all-grain-kits/all-grain-ale-kits/imperial-mild-all-grain-kit.html
":1f6v7sl9]This overfed reddish-brown session beer crams twice as much mildness into every pint: … A lawnmower beer for people with really big lawns …[/quote]

BJCP-wise, yes, it would probably do better as some sort of Brown.[/quote]

haha. That is what I was thinking.

bump:

What does everyone have coming up on the brew schedule?

Mine is looking like this right now.

something similar to lagunitas ipa, not quite a clone.
cascadian dark (First time trying to brew this style)
American Brown
another bohemian pils(really like how the last one came out)

I actually just brewed a Cream Ale on Sunday. Took the base recipe from NB and beefed it up some. Added a whole pound of biscuit specialty grains instead of the .25 it called for. Amped up the malt content by 2lbs, added an ounce of UK Brambling Hops towards flameout, and then tossed in some Blackberry Flavoring.

I’ve got the makings for a basic wheat beer for this Sunday, and will probably throw in about 3-4 lbs of honey, plus some Chinook hops to that one.

…gotta gear up for summer!

Cheers!

I did an imperial amber on Friday. My first use of nugget hops.

Was going for an og of 1.063 ended up hitting 1.068. Hope it turns out well.

Ill be starting up 2 batches within the next few weeks. Just ordered the ingerdients yesterday. Cant wait till they come in.

5gal Chinook IPA
5gal Caribou Slobber

Should be doing the NB Cream Ale this weekend assuming my Brown Ale is ready to move into a secondary.

Hoping that both can be ready to drink for memorial day. the more I am reading the more I am doubting they will have enough conditioning time to be really good.

If only I had bought my brewing equipment earlier this year!

[quote=“ibeentired”]Should be doing the NB Cream Ale this weekend assuming my Brown Ale is ready to move into a secondary.

Hoping that both can be ready to drink for memorial day. the more I am reading the more I am doubting they will have enough conditioning time to be really good.

If only I had bought my brewing equipment earlier this year![/quote]

a brown ale should be ready pretty quickly fement, keg and serve. Just did one in 3 weeks.
Same for a cream ale. If you bottle maybe a week more for carbing

No space or money for a keg system.
Plus this is my first 5 gallon brew, so I figure I should learn the basics with bottling before I think about the next step.

Yeah the 4 week plan was what I was hoping. There is a glitch in my planned bottling weekend and a previous non-negotiable family commitment. So I may be doing some weeknight bottling.

Just bottled Raspberry Wheat, going to sit on it until June. Waiting to bottle my watermelon ale, as I added a cubed watermelon into primary last thursday, thinking about moving to secondary to clear once the watermelon is done fermenting. Waiting to get moving on Bourbon Barrel Porter which I’ll more than likely let age for a few months, and Big Honkin’ Stout which will prolly have ready by July. Also have another Caribou Slobber kit on the way. I wanted to do it as a dark summer beer. I was unimpressed with how light bodied and bland my first batch was. Hoping my second try with it, it’ll have more flavor. Was planning on doing a DFH Indian Brown clone as well, but I’ve got to get the other three I have on deck out of the way. I’m friggen addicted to this hobby. I learn so much more as I go.