What does everyone have upcoming on their brewing docket?

Mine is looking like this right now.

Biere de Garde
    Baltic Porter
    American Amber
    Denny's Wry Smile IPA
    English Brown

Would love to hear what everyone else out there is brewing in the near future. Get some ideas for future brews.

This Saturday I am brewing up s.scoggins fly away ipa. After that I have a maibock, zythos APA, and the apricot blond ale for my wifes birthday.

I was going to do a Barleywine but am pushing it off in favor of a IIPA recipe I found called the Imperial Stormtrooper from BYO.

How do you like the zythos hop blend? Never had/tried it. Was interested it giving it a whirl.

Looks good. I may have to do a version of it some time.

[quote]Imperial Stormtrooper IPA

5 gallons/19 L, all-grain; O.G. 1.090; F.G. 1.024; IBU = 82; SRM = 20; ABV = 8.5%
Ingredients:

7.0 lbs. (3.2 kg) English Maris Otter two-row pale malt
7.0 lbs. (3.2 kg) Schreier domestic pale two-row malt
2.0 lbs. (0.91 kg) home-roasted amber malt (using Randy Mosher’s recipe for roasting)
(The brewer can substitute Victory malt or Belgian aromatic malt for this ingredient.)
1.5 lbs. (0.68 kg) light Munich malt
0.5 lb. (0.23 kg) domestic wheat malt
0.25 lb. (0.11 kg) Special B malt
0.25 lb. (0.11 kg) Carastan malt
0.25 lb. (0.11 kg) CaraPils malt
7.2 AAU Chinook hops (first wort hopping) (0.6 oz./17 g of 12% alpha acids)
6 AAU Nugget hops (first wort hopping) (0.5 oz./14 g of 12% alpha acids)
10.4 AAU Columbus hops (30 minutes) (0.8 oz./23 g of 13% alpha acids)
4.5 AAU Centennial hops (20 minutes) (0.5 oz./14 g of 9% alpha acids)
3.0 AAU Nugget hops (20 minutes) (0.25 oz./7 g of 12% alpha acids)
10 AAU East Kent Goldings hops (15 minutes) (2.0 oz./57 g of 5% alpha acids)
0.68 AAU English Fuggle hops (15 minutes) (0.15 oz./4.3 g of 4.5% alpha acids)
0.25 oz. Nugget hops (10 minutes)
1.0 oz. Centennial hops (dry hop at 7 days)
1.0 oz. Centennial hops (dry hop at 17 days)
Wyeast 1968 (London ESB Ale) yeast

Step by Step

Single infusion mash for 60 minutes at 153 °F (67 °C) with 6.0 gallons (23 L) of water treated with 1/2 teaspoon each gypsum and calcium chloride. Bottled at 31 days and primed with 2.0 oz. (56 g) dried malt extract[/quote]

Amber IPA
Denny’s Rye IPA
MullerBrau’s Two Hearted Clone
Dark Mild with WY1581

Fermenting right now:

• Honey-Weizen (This is for my wife. It’s her favorite beer and she’s about 5 weeks away from giving birth to our first child. I promised her I’d bring a growler to the hospital on the big day)

• Imperial Pils (DFH My Antonia clone)

Coming up:

• Orange Cascade Pale Ale - for a wedding in May.
  • American Barley Wine - to age and pop open on my child’s first birthday, next year.
  • HoppenWeizen - I’ve been obsessing over a hoppy wheat beer for the last 6months or so and am finally giving it a shot.
  • Belgian IPA
  • Crimson Clover - Irish Red for St. Patty’s day.
  • Hopsession - a hoppy session beer from the latest Zymurgy.
  • Oktoberfest - will brew this sometime in April. I like to lager my lagers for 10-12 weeks after fermentation is done.

“How do you like the zythos hop blend? Never had/tried it. Was interested it giving it a whirl.”. I have not tried then yet either. I picked some up when they came out and patiently waiting to use them.

Would love to hear your thoughts after you get to play with them. good luck.

This Saturday:
22 gallons Kolsch
22 gallons Rye IPA

Should be a busy day.

[quote=“MullerBrau”]This Saturday:
22 gallons Kolsch
22 gallons Rye IPA

Should be a busy day.[/quote]

Damn you do some big ole batches. Why the 22 gallons, will that give you a four 5gal kegs with you rack off the yeast?

EDIT My recipe was pretty far off from what I said. Corrections made. Zythos hops are pretty cool.

I’ve used the Zythos hops in a pale ale. I really like them.
I used:
8lbs 2-row
2lbs maris otter (ran out of 2-row)
.62lb of Crystal 60
1.0 oz @ 60 minutes, zythos 10.9%
1.5 oz @ 5 minutes, zythos 10.9%
1.5 oz @ 0 minutes, zythos 10.9%
.75oz Dryhop, zythos 10.9% …came in at like 44IBU’s.
1 packet of US-05
It has gotten good reviews from people in my club and a co-worker. Next time though, I would probably use a different hop at 60 minutes…maybe chinook or centennial.

It has a really great aroma and flavor, but the bittering just wasn’t there for me eventhough it is at 44IBU. My wife even liked it, and the only beer she likes are sours.
I definitely look forward to using them again, just in a different manner.

Not a thing until April :frowning:
We escape the cold by taking the RV to Florida for the winter and it is just to hard to drag enough stuff to brew. Tried it last year by bringing a simple extract kit but it turned out so-so and was a giant PIA to chill.

Fortunately the RV park is nice enough to order kegs for me so I did bring my jockey box and enough draft parts and have Sierra Nevada PA on draft.

Sure do miss brewing but don’t miss the crappy central NY weather.

@ dobe12, I like how the majority of your beers commemorate a special event :cheers:

On deck:

1. NB’s Extra Special Bitter I intend on hopping up a wee bit
  2. My own: Workingman’s APA (tweaking my original recipe to perfection again…)
  3. Bavarian Hefe
  4. Belgian Blonde (for my wife)

*robust porter on friday night.
*doppelbock on saturday.
*possibly something sunday too…we’ll see.

as you can see, my girlfriend is out of town.

My house brew this Saturday, which is a dogfish head 60 minute IPA extract clone. I am, however, thinking of dry hopping with 2 to 3 ounces of falconer’s flight in lieu of the traditional amarillo/simcoe dryhop it uaually gets.

[quote=“muddywater_grant”][quote=“MullerBrau”]This Saturday:
22 gallons Kolsch
22 gallons Rye IPA
Should be a busy day.[/quote]
Damn you do some big ole batches. Why the 22 gallons, will that give you a four 5gal kegs with you rack off the yeast?[/quote]Yes, I found that when filled close to the top, 4 corneys takes about 21 gallons and the other gallon is trub, hops, cold break, etc.

[quote=“Steppedonapoptop”]@ dobe12, I like how the majority of your beers commemorate a special event :cheers:

On deck:

1. NB’s Extra Special Bitter I intend on hopping up a wee bit
  2. My own: Workingman’s APA (tweaking my original recipe to perfection again…)
  3. Bavarian Hefe
  4. Belgian Blonde (for my wife)[/quote]

HA! That’s funny. I didn’t even realize it… but yeah I guess so. I’m big into making styles for a specific date or time of year. I always have IPA’s and APA’s around because I’m a hophead. But spring and summer are for Wheats, IMO. I love having a well aged Oktoberfest for the fall and as soon as we found out my wife was pregnant, I knew I had to make a big beer and age it. I’m hoping to pop open a few each year right around my child’s birthday over the next few years. The Orange Cascade Pale Ale is for a friend’s daughter’s wedding. It’s a surprise. And the Irish Red is a beer that I’m making to split with a co-worker. I often split beers with him and he’s big into having seasonals. And since St. Patty’s day is coming, I figured, what else?

Now… how to get all these brewed and fermenting in the next 4-5weeks before the wife pops???

I just put my first lager in the ferementer last week.
This weekend I plan on:
Bottling a Vanilla Stout
Making an American Barleywine
Making a session beer of some sort with the left over grain

On deck: Patersbier, and Raspberry wheat with the last of the 2011 Raspberries.
Primary: Barleywine, to be bottled and aged for Christmas 2012.
Secondary: Dawson’s Red multi Grain
Kegged: English Pale Mild
On Tap: Ak 47 Pale Mild, Honey Nut Brown Ale

pre ordered three types of hops for spring planting