What did you get for the holiday?

Zainasheff and Palmer’s Brewing Classic Styles and Beersmith 2.0!

[quote=“MullerBrau”]There is not much beer related left to get so I got two bottles of Avery Mephistopheles RIS. Possibly the best RIS out there. At about $10 per 12 oz bottle and 16.5% abv, I will be laying these down for 5 years.

[/quote]
i got one of those at the brewery in 09 just can’t decide when to open it. the end of jan will be three years and thats my birfday so might enjoy it then.

That’s why you should always buy at least two! My wife said I could buy whatever equipment I want, so I’m shopping for an inexpensive 1BBL kettle.

[quote=“speed”][quote=“MullerBrau”]There is not much beer related left to get so I got two bottles of Avery Mephistopheles RIS. Possibly the best RIS out there. At about $10 per 12 oz bottle and 16.5% abv, I will be laying these down for 5 years.

[/quote]
i got one of those at the brewery in 09 just can’t decide when to open it. the end of jan will be three years and thats my birfday so might enjoy it then.[/quote]Prepare yourself for one of the bestest beers in the whole wide world. Last year I drank my 2005 bottles and it was unbelievable.

My father-in-law, who also brews, is crazy about real ale. I bought him NB’s pin cask set for Xmas. I also got a stillage from Micromatic. He’s going to brew an oak-aged Surly bender clone to break in the cask. 8)

Stir plate
A second 2000mL flask
Digital pH meter
6-pack sampler
Still need a food saver though, got 2# Falconers Flight and 1# Amarillo :smiley:
:blah:

Damn thats one cool FIL. Mine likes my beer, and Irish whiskey. So he’s pretty cool too.

A paddle Chiller.

You fill the bottom part with water, freeze it and use it to stir the wort to cool it. My wife discovered this and got one from a restaurant supply store. (could also fill with ice.)

Chefs use them to quickly cool down soups before putting into the refrigerator.

Forgot to mention. I got this years abyss from deschutes to store for a few years. The description this year is very different from previous years. I gotta get some more and try it fresh

How about this:

7 cu ft freezer, Ranco digital temperature controller, soon to be keezer or fermentation chamber. I just can’t decide.

Also 3 different NB gift cards. :slight_smile:

-Brewing Classic Styles
-Digital Scale
-Stir Plate
-2L Erlenmeyer Flask

Nice little haul - brewing Jamil’s Evil Twin next weekend!

Got my Moster Mill! Waiting for it to come.

5 reconditioned ball lock kegs and a new mash paddle.

Barleycrusher grain mill, and a book on sausage making.

My wife loves me.

-AHA membership w/ New Lager Brewing book
-Designing Great Beer
-Duvel 4pack gift box
-Two 6 packs of beer brought up from NC
-bottle of RIS and 3 month “north america beer of the month” program
-sunbeam heating pad to do belgians, etc in my cold basement during the winter
-The Brewmaster’s Table

• I bought a Thermapen and accessories yesterday with Christmas cash I got from a boss

I had a GREAT Christmas!!! Plus got some good tools. My family loved me this year. :cheers:

-March 809 pump. Looking forward to getting away from gravity-fed plate chilling.
-8 British tulip pint glasses

I got a Millennium Falcon and a 4’ x 6’ silk persian rug from southern Azerbaijan*. Talk about a wide age range of gifts. :slight_smile: Beer related I got The Craft of Stone Brewing book and tickets to see the Irish Rovers with my wife (anything Irish is beer related, right?)

(*It’s good to have a sister who works for the State Department. Her next post is Abu Dhabi… maybe next year I’ll get 100bbl of oil. Or maybe a Ferrari :lol: )

Order of “Dry Irish Stout” and “Wheat Beer” and also a another Fermenting Bucket… Got to love my wife, or maybe she just loves my Ale’s…

Plate chiller, 2 year subscription to Beer Conisoir Magazine, some johnny cash cds, wine, and some time off from work ! Great holiday!

since my B-Day should be a national holiday, my wife got me a 15gal Megapot @ the St. Paul store today! along with some hops & Brett B. one step closer to my AG master plan!