What did you cook today?

If the grid goes down Iā€™ll resort to smoke signals. Simplre morse code.

1 Like

I think my email is associated with my profile and I have it set so if you message me it shows up there too. I donā€™t think itā€™s slowing down. Lots of new folks and the regulars have continued their open friendly advice. This particular thread was maybe driven mostly by Flars and his kitchen creativity but the rest are still perking along.

2 Likes

Who else would listen to us without their eyes glazing over

6 Likes

Enchilada casserole. Yum!

4 Likes

today will try crayfish, and drink bear

1 Like

crayfish are bait you southern midwesterner. You eat crawfish or mud puppies. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Found a really nice local field raised pork tenderloin at the butcher today. Seared it in the instant pot for a few minutes then rubbed it with chili powder, cumin, garlic, paprika and ginger. Then high pressure cooked for 5 minutes. Made a little caprese salad to go with it from one of my big fat heirloom beefsteaks, fresh mozarella, and basel from a patio pot all floating in a swamp of balsamic vinegar. I made a baked potato but I got full and had to save it.

Paired nicely with my schwarzbier. https://forum.northernbrewer.com/t/what-are-you-drinking-now/24816/169

3 Likes

Very nicely done Dannyboy!! Sneezles61

For some reason making the tenderloin made me think of Frankā€¦ @flars ā€¦and how I hadnā€™t posted anything on this thread lately.

Miss that guyā€¦

3 Likes

I was thinking about him too the other day. Good dude. Miss him.

1 Like

You know I was thinking about it and Flars was a dedicated extract Brewer maybe thatā€™s what we need to attract more people. Seems to have dropped off since heā€™s gone. He was a welcoming presence. Need more like him.

3 Likes

I was going to post a thought, full of Flarsā€¦ But pulled backā€¦ Shame on me.
Flars did send 2 bottles of his Ambers to meā€¦ They were very goodā€¦ So in honor of him, the simple extract home brewer, we should keep his brew soul aliveā€¦
As a collective groupā€¦ Could we keep him and his charisma live?
Simple garden veggies, some grilled meats and extract Amberā€¦ Heā€™d be happyā€¦ Sneezles61

Without Flars I donā€™t think I would have ever found out about Domino Dots to carb bottles. In the winter when I extract brew and use minimal equipment little things like that are very helpful.

He also knew the workings of the ā€œnewā€ forum better than almost everyone. Certainly better than I did.

1 Like

Has it been a year? Sneezles61

It sounded like he experimented with different processes quite a bit.

Yeah, I was thinking it was about this time last year we figured it out.

September of last year so almost a year.

1 Like

Not today but recently

1 Like

It got a little out of control in this picture but was incredible. Thanks Randy for raising such a nice cow.

3 Likes

I hope you got it under control

2 Likes