What are you drinking now

Remember when people hoarded Heady Topper and S0S ? Funny. Sip is brewed in CT

Crappy picture but an amazing local farmhouse saison. Might even save the dregs

Yeah, but the reason I found the grocery store was that Sip popped up on untappd feed as available and I’d not had a chance to try it before. It had been on my wishlist to try for quite a while. :innocent:

:beers:
Rad

1 Like

It’s often on tap around here. Another beer that tastes different in cans than on tap

I had a very similar experience at Dancing Gnome the other week @radagast. We started chatting at bar across the street while waiting for DG to open that day, turns out he’s a home brewer and such as well. Not into trading which was the only bummer cause I’d love to get that milkshake dropping Saturday.

As far as the VT pickups, that is awesome. Seems like Heady doesn’t have the luster it did 5 years ago! @brew_cat I remember those days for sure, you were king of the castle is you had either of those beers. SOS has been popping up in Central PA last few weeks but it goes super quick. SOS is better than Heady IMHO but the Frost and Upper Pass are excellent scores for you. Solid haul my man :+1:

Having a pint or two of my Schwarzbier tonight. Brewed December 17, 2018 kegged a month later and lagering since. Nothing I can say about it can improve on that picture. It tastes just like it looks. Smooth, clean and dark as my twisted black heart. hahah . Seriously easy drinking and malty. Probably the best example of the style I’ve brewed yet.

Pairs great with pork tenderloin…to be continued…https://forum.northernbrewer.com/t/what-did-you-cook-today/25049/348

4 Likes

Good looking beer

I’ll likely add a little wheat to the grist next time to improve head retention and quality. Other than that it’s exactly what I like in a schwarzbier.

What was the final gravity. I only made one and it ended up being to dry

Boil Size: 12.67 gal
Post Boil Volume: 11.67 gal
Batch Size (fermenter): 11.00 gal
Bottling Volume: 10.75 gal
Estimated OG: 1.050 SG
Measured OG: 1.058
Estimated Color: 27.5 SRM
Estimated IBU: 29.7 IBUs
Brewhouse Efficiency: 80.00 %
Est Mash Efficiency: 81.5 %
Boil Time: 60 Minutes

Ingredients:

Amt Name Type # %/IBU Volume
13 lbs 12.0 oz Pilsner (2.0 SRM) Grain 1 70.5 % 1.07 gal
4 lbs 8.0 oz Munich Malt (15.0 SRM) Grain 2 23.1 % 0.35 gal
1 lbs 4.0 oz Midnight Wheat (550.0 SRM) Grain 3 6.4 % 0.10 gal
2.00 oz German Hersbrucker [2.50 %] - First Wort 60.0 m Hop 4 9.8 IBUs -
4.00 oz German Hersbrucker [2.50 %] - Boil 60.0 min Hop 5 17.9 IBUs -
1.00 Items Whirlfloc Tablet (Boil 15.0 mins) Fining 6 - -
1.00 oz German Hersbrucker [5.80 %] - Boil 5.0 min Hop 7 2.1 IBUs -
3.7 pkg Bavarian Lager (Wyeast Labs #2206) [125.00 ml] Yeast 8 - -

This is for 10+ gallons kegged.

Guess I did use wheat…or does the longer kilning bake the proteins out of the midnight wheat?

Maybe a couple ounces of carapils for head retention/lacing. And a little less Munich.

A friend brought this over. I was very skeptical, but gotta say its really good. Maybe I’ll brew one up someday… Maybe.

1 Like

sounds interesting. Do the fruit flavors come from the hops or additions?

The can says “real passion fruit, orange, and guava with a touch of vanilla”. I’d love to know how much lactose sugar is in it. Perfect amount of sweetness to go with the hops and fruit.

Drinking at Alamo Draft House
Transmitter S8 Rice Saison. Unbelievable and incomprehensible

ACL 6% BY VOL

Saison brewed with Pilsner Malt and flaked rice to lighten the body. Fermented with a single strain of saison yeast to add spicy notes and brewed with a generous handful of new school German hops that evoke winter melon and soft orchard fruit.
IBU’S – 33
OG – PLATO – 15
SERVING TEMP. 46° F
AVAILABLE – 750ML.

1 Like

Decided to sample my Oktoberfest. Brewed 10 gallons on March 6. Kegged 5 April 1 and 5 on May 24. Pulled this pint mistakenly from the May 24 keg. So ti’s only been lagering 3 months but man it’s good. Can’t wait to try the earlier one.

This one is pretty clear, condensation on the glass doesn’t let it shine. Smooth, malty but light and easy drinking. Very light bitterness and light spicy hop presence.

41% pilsen, 41% dark munich, 18% vienna, hallertauer tradition FWH, magnum at 60, hersbrucker at 10. BIAB mashed at 152. Fermented with WL2206 bavarian lager yeast low 50s. I used to add some carapils and a little carafa special II to the grist bill. Decided I didn’t need either and am happy with that call. I like the color and the body and head are just fine. I had planned this as a triple decoction brew day but just wasn’t feeling it.

This one was pulled from the lagering fridge at 32.5F. Head should settle down a bit in the slightly warmer serving fridge.

4 Likes

That’s how I like me home brews… Very frothy! Man that looks so good… Sneezles61

This is my blonde ale… Also 5 more waiting that was dry hopped with Mandrina hops. Sneezles61

6 Likes

Niece visiting so we’re having some Big Mo DIPA.

4 Likes

I see it is single hopped in another thread with Mosaic…Hows that come out?

It’s pretty delicious! I think the recipe may have evolved a bit since that thread since it was such a PITA the first few times we brewed it. It’s still single hopped Mosaic and think we have it now.

This beer gives you a whole nose full of hop aroma that is a good front for the beer when it hits your mouth. It’s very full with a little alcohol heat and a nice hop balance that is present the whole time you’re sipping and for a bit after you swallow it. I don’t have the details with me but I think we’re at around 80-90 IBUs and 9.5-ish ABV.

This beer actually should be named “Trouble” because it’s hard not to over indulge it. Definitely one of my favorites!

3 Likes