What are you drinking now

What would a Scandinavian know about Hungarian Goulash🤣

1 Like

Hah… I suspect, back years ago… your family had to load up and head over to someone’s house in the cold of winter. Mom/Wife would make a big baked dish, all inclusive of veggies and meats and such. Now it’s time to go, she would wrap it up in a big towel…. This dish sat on her lap…… keeping her warm for the journey… Hotdish? Scandahoovian style! (:
Sneezles61

1 Like

Misty Mountain Hop(s), with those earthy British hop flavours. ……and Happy Halloween!!!

2 Likes

Results from Halloween bonfire beer.

1. the most popular beer was the coconut stout. Used 49 ounces of shredded coconut in 3.5 gallons of beer in secondary which was cold crashed at 34 F and kept at 34F. I kept it cold to avoid fermentation of coconut which I have observed at room temp. People commented that the coconut flavor was stronger than last year and they liked it.
    2.the second most popular beer was cinderlands squish clone. Because I was short on time, I dry hopped it in the keg with a muslin sack. It was day 6 of the soak. The comment I got was really fresh fruit taste to it. One taster said it was the best IPA he ever had. I had to let the keg settle for over 8 hours as there were a lot of hop fines everytime the keg was moved. Once settled, no hop bite. I am going to try using coconut in muslin sack to extend the “life” of the coconut flavor in coconut stout above.
  2. The Blackberry wheat beer was barely touched. Perhaps I skewed the results when I said it was a ladies beer but we value diversity :). I put 4.4 pounds of brewers orchard blackberry puree in 4.5 gallons of beer for 2 weeks. Pound of lactose prior to flame out. When I carbonated it, it had too much astringency/bite to it so I added another pound of lactose, sanitized in boiled beer. I also upped the carbonation level. I thought it tasted much better like a high noon on steroids. Serving it tonight at neighborhood party without skewing results :slight_smile:
2 Likes

Very nice selection! Hopefully your guests realize the talent you displayed, in the crafting of fine brews! I’ll bet you had a great night, bonfire and friends…
Sneezles61

In CO trying something different

3 Likes

Never had a crooked stave brew that wasn’t good. So many breweries in CO tend to stick to breweries I know but try there different offerings. Resteraunt in town had Ska Modus Hoperendus on tap a classic which I always grab when out here

1 Like

Happy Thanksgiving all! Hopefully enjoy a Turkey Trot 5k, some good brews later today and lots of football, and then a nap, lol.

1 Like

Yes, happy thanksgiving to all out there in beer land!
There will be no turkey trot here… maybe some waddling to the easy chair fer some football… be safe!
Sneezles61

2 Likes

Bogo victory brews @hd4mark at Publix!

1 Like

Happy thanksgiving all! Hopefully you’ve enjoyed a well crafted Homebrew today!

1 Like

Right now I’m drinking a Great Divide Collete in the Great Divide pub inside Denver International. Happy Thanksgiving to you all belated

1 Like

Thanks @voodoo_donut Picked up a couple Golden Monkeys already. They seemed to have evaporated over the weekend.

1 Like

ok no picture yet but I’m drinking a cascade hopped cream ale made with 2 boxes of kellogs corn flakes. Its good, I’ll snap a pic when I have a chance

3 Likes

Drinking draft Spotted Cow that I brought back from New Glarus. LOVE Moon Man but it’s tough to beat Spotted Cow on draft. So f’in good.

3 Likes

Their fat squirrel is tasty brown ale, should you be grabbing a few this time of year!
Sneezles61

1 Like

Yeah Fat Squirrel is a pretty tasty beer. Glad to see it back.

1 Like

This years cider.

4 Likes

Lotsa CO2! I appreciate a very lively cidre!
Sneezles61

Stuck in Denver airport :angry: but in the Great Divide pub drinking a Titan IPA watching football :grinning:

3 Likes