What are you drinking now

Looks great. Makes me want to brew one again. Looks a little dark. Did you use some Munich or crystal?

It’s Pilsner day! This is my “Bushwick Pilsner” styled after the Pre Prohibition Pilsners brewed in the Bushwick neighborhood of Brooklyn, NY in the early 1900s. 6 row, flaked maize, two step mash, bittered with noble hops. It’s young and not fully carbed yet. Crystal clear. First sip tasted sweet to me but then I got the hops on the back of my tongue. The grain taste is definitely not pilsner malt but has an interesting taste. It;s a very light beer and i think around 5%ABV so should be a nice summer beer once it’s carbed and cold conditioned a bit. I may just drink a couple tonight though…

Edit: Looked back at the recipe again. Hops were cluster at 60, cluster and saaz at 45. The cluster explains the light dankness I’m picking up. It’s an interesting beer and growing on me. I miss the pils aroma more than anything I think. It’s actually only about 4% and a little higher than style at 31 ibu.

7 Likes

Exactly what I expierienced with mine. Not quite sure but keep going back. It seems to keep getting better. I have the grains measured out and going to do it again as an altbier

Keeps getting clearer

5 Likes

Here’s my latest pils. Brilliant clarity.

5 Likes

Knot Today easy drinking IPA

2 Likes

Okay, switched to the DIPA, Big Mo. luckily my kegs are labeled so I know which end is up. :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Yes did use 180 grams. Crystal. Got a 55lbs bag for free from the brewery.

Me kind of nerdy. On beer color. Like a amber color on my beers. This sunday. Will brew a ipa. Skip the crystal. Go for a lighter. Color. Will replace. The crystal. With. Flaked wheat. Or honey malt

Having one of Billie’s Beer or my hot mess (not my wife - the yeast) after 16 days in the bottle. This is a DME American Light Beer kit and my second batch. The yeast took off after pitching and it took a little to get ‘er under control (temp that is). It’s not a bad beer all in all.

4 Likes

nice color and clarity for an extract beer. It’s always rewarding when the problematic ones turn out to be drinkable!

2 Likes

2 kegs quit about the same time so I’m getting into some old ales I had tucked away. Drinking a triple I had aged in my oak barrel only 2 left. They are drinkable but not really to my liking more like something store bought

MiaBock is horrible… I think the filtering added O2… Dump time… I’m having one tough time trying to get that taste out of me taste buds… YUCK!!! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: Sneezles61

My Mexican Vienna lager. Not completely carbonated but some. Running low on beer can’t seem to keep up. I’ll try to brew tomorrow. Got another version of Make My Day

Well that sucks. What kind of filtering? Oxidized? Was the color off also?

I don’t filter anything. Just use whirfloc, except on occasion with NEIPAs, although most brewers don’t think whirloc has much effect on NEIPA haze, so I don’t feel strongly either way.

1 Like

Good process, whirlfloc or irish moss, cold conditioning and time will produce beers with good clarity.

Sorry about your maibock…

1 Like

I have just the opposite problem right now. I want to brew but have no fermenters available! Just added a couple kegs to the line up for my buddies weizen but still waiting for one with issues to be replaced. I was hoping to brew tomorrow. May just do a 5er with one of the newer IPA grain bills I’ve been working on.

I was hoping a charcoal water filter would strip the singed flavor from it… It took most of it out… But then replaced it with that cardboard wet pet fur taste… I had to try something. Sneezles61

I’m drinking a a Mexican lager on Cinco del Mayo Eve. Brewed just for the occasion. Maybe make some tacos tomorrow

1 Like

Have you posted the recipe for that anywhere? sounds interesting and I’m looking to lighten up my vienna lager for summer…