Vote!(Then drink beer.....)

Anybody have a beer brewed for Election Day? Or brewing something for the occasion?

I plan on cooking up a Pilsner tonight.

Whatever the case, just try not to shed a tear in your beer tonight :cheers:

I’m brewing “Hopeful Change”. I hope it doesn’t turn out too bitter.

this year going to drink some home brews and watch the returns, after I vote of course.
got 8 of them in the fridge…should get me through

:cheers:

By chance I am brewing an IPAD today. Nothing to do with the election though.

Happy brewing,
Big AL. :cheers:

Oops, brewing a Black IPA. Maybe break an IPAD today. Damn spell check.

Had been planning on brewing a stout today. But then I had an attack of extreme laziness yesterday, and never got around to making a starter.

Brewing a Coffee Stout for a friend tonight.

I’ll be drinking the White House Honey Porter that I brewed for Election Day and watching the news.

Me too! Mine has only been in the bottle for 11 days, but hopefully it will be ok.

Me too! Mine has only been in the bottle for 11 days, but hopefully it will be ok.[/quote]

Mine was good right when it was carbonated. But I saved the rest for tonight. Its gotten beter with age. As it warms up I started really tasting the notes of honey. I know it only gives alcohol boost, but something in that recipe brings a rock solid honey tone.

Oh but in regards to the OP, Im unfortunately not brewing tonight. Just voted this morning, and tonight I drink! Cheers America!

I plan to have some beers, but depends how I’m feeling. Feeling like I’m coming down with something maybe…blah. I’m not sure we’ll even know who won the election tonight anyway, unless you wanna stay up super late.
Cheers & beers, fellas.

It would be interesting to brew a big election day beer tonight for four years from now.

“It would be interesting to brew a big election day beer tonight for four years from now.”
That’s not a bad idea - Democracy Barleywine? On the original question, I have plans to jump the gun and cool down six of a batch I bottled last tuesday tomorrow. I tried one Sunday night and it had a bit of fizz, so it should be drinkably carbed. Tonight, maybe a few commercial beers - I’ve got a couple of SN Torpedos and a few Anchor Liberty Ales in the fridge. Voted a couple of hours ago. Too bad we can’t reward poll workers with some homebrews - they deserve it.

If we’re looking to capture the spirit of the democratic process, I’d go for a really small beer that’s aged for 4 years.

Voted this morning and I’m brewing a Fuller’s porter clone tonight.

[quote=“bunderbunder”]I’d go for a really small beer that’s aged for 4 years.[/quote]And make it a SMaSH to represent the American one-party system! :wink:

The canvassers who keep ringing my doorbell assure me otherwise. (Ah, the joys of living in a swing state.)

In honor of them, I’m thinking the grain bill should be something like four pounds of patent and four pounds of rice hulls.

The canvassers who keep ringing my doorbell assure me otherwise. (Ah, the joys of living in a swing state.)

In honor of them, I’m thinking the grain bill should be something like four pounds of patent and four pounds of rice hulls.[/quote]

Now I’m unsure of whether to make a pilsner or a schwarzbier :mrgreen:

[quote=“bunderbunder”]In honor of them, I’m thinking the grain bill should be something like four pounds of patent and four pounds of rice hulls.[/quote]Shouldn’t that be two lbs of patent and six lbs of rice hulls?

Throw in a parti-gyle and you’ve got yourself a deal.