Typically use RO water, but

So I usually use RO or distilled for my beers (extract and now AG), but I decided to get a water test done and have some interesting data.

To me, it looks like my water is actually pretty decent. Depending on style, I could certainly use it for some decent beer. Anyone have any input? I’ve been doing research with water chemistry for brewing, but just used the water primer on homebrewtalk for now.

For what it’s worth, my next brew is a hefewiezen planned for this weekend. I plan on putting all of this into Bru’nwater and seeing how things work out.

pH 7.4
Total Dissolved Solids (TDS) Est, ppm 130
Electrical Conductivity, mmho/cm 0.22
Cations / Anions, me/L 1.8 / 1.8

ppm
Sodium, Na 20
Potassium, K 3
Calcium, Ca 12
Magnesium, Mg 3
Total Hardness, CaCO3 43
Nitrate, NO3-N 0.6 (SAFE)
Sulfate, SO4-S 12
Chloride, Cl 18
Carbonate, CO3 < 1.0
Bicarbonate, HCO3 32
Total Alkalinity, CaCO3 26
Total Phosphorus, P 0.28
Total Iron, Fe < 0.01

Dude, that’s better than decent… That is great water! I wish I was so lucky…

Yet another water envy thread :mrgreen:

That’s great brewing water! :cheers:

That’s great water! Assuming it’s chlorinated, make sure you get rid of chlorine. Safest way to do that is to add 1/4 Campden tablet per 5 gallons. Crush it up and add it before the mash. The chemical reaction will instantly remove the chlorine. Otherwise your beer can turn out tasting like Band-Aids / medicine.

Awesome news!

I was definitely going to use the campden tablets.

Plugged it into brunwater and came up with what seems to be pretty decent water for a yellow balanced profile. If I added some Calcium Chloride, even better.