Tomatoes, Jalapeños, Collards, Chives & Cilantro

Started my Tomatoes, Jalapeños, Collards, Chives, Okra & Cilantro from seed a few weeks back and finally planted them in the raised bed garden last week. Everything is doing well.
I also planted duplicates in various containers. Looking forward to a nice harvest.

3 Likes

I have to check our boxes… May be able to plant peas this W/E! We do have “bowls” with lettuce planted in doors… They about 1-1/2" tall…
I do look forward to this time of year… Getting cold weather crops going… Then while prepping other boxes… We will hear the migratory birds flying way up high… And of course the usual racket from wood peckers making new holes…
Sneezles61

1 Like

I’ve been anxious to get the garden started but held off in fear of that one cold night. We had it Tuesday night and we have another freeze warning tonight. I suppose it was a good thing I couldn’t get the stupid tiller started last weekend.

Tried everything, oil level is fine, new spark plug, new gas…starts with starter fluid but then dies. Guess I’ll take the carb off and clean it.

Or maybe it’s time to make raised beds and get some soil hauled in…

1 Like

I’m going to have to put a sheet over my peaches an plum trees tonight

Yeah, the wife and kids are plant prepping in egg cartons covered with shrink wrap on the windowsills inside the house. The beans have gotten tall enough they took the wrap off the one carton. Sposed to snow tonight and tomorrow here tho so no planting in garden box yet.

:beers:
Rad

1 Like

Peas and lettuce and spinach are good cold weather crops… I usually plant peas the first of April… I will have peas by July 4th. We have more problems with the plants listed above when it gets warmer… Peas don’t produce as well… Lettuce slows down… Spinach bolts (goes into seed production)… Should I go on? :upside_down_face:
Sneezles61

We’ve already had our last frost back in February. It was 86F today with clear, blue skies. I started everything by seed in February, moving them to peat pots in March and finally to the raised beds and containers. I’m actually wondering if I planted to late for the desert climate. We’ve had some rains and nice nighttime temps, but we will be hitting triple digits by mid-May.

^^^^^^^^^^^ :dizzy_face:
Sneezles61

We have another freeze warning tonight.

Gonna put peas in today… In fact… It’s almost " coffee on the deck in the morning " time…
Sneezles61

102F here in Gilbert AZ. It’s 5:30PM and should be cooling down now.

1 Like

Cheese whiz!!! That’s so awful!!! :mask::beers::mask:
Sneezles61

It’s dry heat. :joy:

We hit 106F mid week, but a cold front (:grin:) is in store with temps in the 90’s. Actually turned on the AC this week.

1 Like

It’s been cool here for a couple days… The bird baths are frozen in the AM… But after today… we’ll warm up… Close to 80 mid next week … I’ll need AC then… On a good note… Peas are poking their faces out of the ground! That’s a good sign!
Sneezles61

My hops look like they got nipped I’ll cut them back. Worried about the peach blossoms I think the apples are safe.

We’ve had frost/freeze warning the last 5 nights. Going up to 70 today and 80s over the weekend so I may finally get the garden out.

Messin’ around… I used a block layers trowel, carved a trough about 6’ long… Filled it with that potting soil… the other 6’ I just stirred up the soil with my potato fork… Planted carrots…Lets see how this goes… keep them damn squirrels out😡
Sneezles61

My tomatoes are looking good. Beans are up, beets are showing sprouts…and of course the weeds are coming back…

1 Like

I’m waiting for the buttercup squash to emerge… Oh… Just planted carrots…
I dug up half the row, put miracle grow in the trench… The rest i fluffed with the potato fork… See if it makes a diff… :sunglasses:
Sneezles61