Tomatoes, Jalapeños, Collards, Chives & Cilantro

My biggest issue is the moles. They’re taking over around here. It’s like that Tremors movie! I got some of those solar powered vibrating stakes to put in the garden. Trying to see if I can get someone to spray my whole 10 acres for the grubs. Otherwise i’m renting a pto powered spreader and do it myself. it’s killing me every time I mow! You literally can’t take a step on our property without stepping on a mole hill.

There is like a aerator gizmo with spikes on a drum… Put it on behind your rider when you mow… It may need a little extra weight to penetrate deep… Snuff them buggars out!!!
We have gray squirrels that just love to dig… I have to sight in my .22… Then the crows will get fat!!
Sneezles61

You know I was teling my wife I may try an aerator! She thought it sounded inhumane and I said the damage to my back when I mow is inhumane so F the little rats!

I can definitely rent an aerator to pull behind the tractor. Have you seen it work?

1 Like

Yes I have! It will take a couple times… They’ll be back… But you just repeat
Snnezles61

1 Like

SWMBO got pissed at the bunnies the geraniums didn’t stop this year so decided it was time to get serious! :innocent:

:beers:
Rad

1 Like

Mine is fenced to keep the dogs and deer out. Had a squirrel eating my tomatoes last year so I’ll have to deal with him this year.

I’m catching squirrels in a live trap… Into a bucket and to the tail pipe… We’ve had to re-plant many times… I keep telling those critters to stay out… Non-compliant critters get it!!!
Sneezles61

When we first moved here we never saw squirrels or rabbits, and very few chipmunks. Then a guy moved in up the road who had some vendetta against foxes and apparently shot every single one he saw for the last ten years. Now we’re over run with friggin squirrels. I prefer the foxes.

2 Likes

Saddens me to hear that… The fox are about here… We do get to see them… These squirrels are way to numerous here… Think our backyard is say… 100’ by 100’… That gets us to the edge of the woods… at times we’ll have 12 squirrels raising hell!! One or two is fun to watch… I don’t think those viscous critters have enemies here… Short of me!! I know the crows enjoy a squirrel carcass… Payback for looting the crows nest?
Sneezles61

This is my 4x8 foot bed of tomatoes that are going crazy this year!

2 Likes

Nice. My gardens taken off too. Hops, not so much. Aren’t you in Portland? I live in Salem.

Yeh I am in portland. My hops are on their third year and still arent going crazy. Not sure what up with them

Same here Cascade had alot of flowers but others nada