Tomato

… I have a grocer friend (I think he is) that talked me into 3 flats of 2nds … that were a day from the compost bucket. LOL

I sliced & diced them into 2 primaries, using the Purple Book recipe w/ my own twists. (I didn’t weigh the fruit) added the right amount of sugar & water & other goodies. (I used fruit bags of course) …

Yeast is tonight. It should be fun to watch. I’ll keep the group posted over the next few months. I don’t plan on bottling for at least 6 months. But that’s just me :slight_smile:

JLH

I’ve heard about this. Interested to see how it turns out.

What do you call this? Cause it’s not beer ! :slight_smile:

Probably why he posted in Winemaking. :wink:

Before my brother-in-law brewed beer he was making wine. The first one I tasted was tomato wine. It was a light rose and pretty tasty.

Years ago I made a green tomato mead at the end of the season. It was OK, but with more knowledge on meadmaking it could be better.

Before my brother-in-law brewed beer he was making wine. The first one I tasted was tomato wine. It was a light rose and pretty tasty.

Years ago I made a green tomato mead at the end of the season. It was OK, but with more knowledge on meadmaking it could be better.[/quote]

Opps…I did not see that…but really… it’s not wine either. :stuck_out_tongue:

Years ago I made a green tomato mead at the end of the season. It was OK, but with more knowledge on meadmaking it could be better.[/quote]

Opps…I did not see that…but really… it’s not wine either. :stuck_out_tongue: [/quote]

Sure, it’s a fruit wine.

No.

No. :? Explain.