Surgery. On hand

So me be dealing with this for 3 or so years. But now it starts to bother me. My fingers start to bend more and more down. So now me not working still due to corona. So monday a apointment. With surgeon. To see how to fix this. Only concern. Before. Surgery. Brew few more. And have to show my son in law. How clean. Sanatize. Fermentors. And kegging of beers. My hand might be in a cast for 3 to 4 weeks

Good luck with your surgery

Dupuytren’s contracture?

Best of luck Wilco.

Good luck Wilco! Hopefully they can get you all fixed up!

:beers:
Rad

I’ll be curious too… I’ve got the Vikings disease in both my hands…
Hey, did you read about the pill for this? Chances are pretty good make yer… A … Well… tool develope a 90 degree bend… I didn’t go any further… Researching that…
Sneezles61

1 Like

Yes. Have not been. A big issue. The advantage of this. A bottle of beer. Get stuck in my hand. So never falls out. Haha. But. Now the movement. Gets less. And this is the right time to fix it. I am not working due to. Covid. So enough time to heal

5 Likes

Good luck with the hand. Hand surgery is tricky sometimes. I had carpal tunnel and trigger finger surgery done on my right hand years ago and I don’t think I ever got all the strength back. Now my left is acting up and I’m afraid to have it done.

Sound to me like there is really no choice @wilcolandzaat so while you are off from work is a good time.

1 Like

Yes good luck stay positive

Thanks. It sucks but have to be done. Plan for this weekend. Saturday. A ipa. Sunday a bockbeer brew session. Than all my 7 fermentors. Full. Once my hand in a cast. I can do nothing. Need help from my son in law after that.

Best of luck with the hand man!

1 Like

This is an evolutionary trait you have inherited to help you hold onto a beer bottle better, Are you sure you want to get rid of it? JK, hope all goes well. I have trigger finger as well.

1 Like

Thats true. A true beer bottle hand. In about 100 years. All men have this. Evolution will take care of this.

5 Likes

Trully sucks. And worse thing. I am left handed. And of course its my left hand

My hasn’t bothered me… But lately, my fretting hand won’t open wide enough…
I did try bowling a few years back… That was unpleasant… I’ve got it in both beer bottle grippers…
Sneezles61

1 Like

Thats my issue my hand dont want to open compleet. Haha got to pull my phone out of my hand. But damn easy. A beer bottle holder hand.

2 Likes

Good luck. Good to show how to sanitize. Your brews will be missed by those who drink. Again patience!!

Best wishes, may the surgery go well, and the recovery be quick.

Yeah. Me not happy brewing for a while after the surgery. Good plan to place order. Of grains. And hops. Today and tomorow. Brew session. So that all my fermentors are full. Today show my son in law on how to brew. He shows intrest into the fun hobby. My daughter said. Well. You are in controll. So we might brew all together. And you tell us what to do. Than. Tomorow they all come over. And a fam brew day. The fam plan. Will be A big xmas and news year party. At my house. So the need for full kegs of beer.

No did read about a injection. But my dr said. Its only. Short term. Remedy. On the end. Most people end up with surgery. Now first my left hand. 2 fingers. And my tumb. Right hand only one finger. Wanted to do both. But. My wife said. Yeah. Right. I will help you with everything. But me not. Cleaning. Your butt

5 Likes