Surgery. On hand

Did you have your surgery yet @wilcolandzaat ?

Yea, @wilcolandzaat have you had the surgery? My wife would refuse to clean my butt too, so are you having to gat a bidet installed first? :joy:

Me going tomorow morning. My surgery at 9 am been researching recovery time around 6 weeks. Before your hand function normal again. Me been practicing. Use only my right hand. Its a pain. But making coffee. And pouring a beer. Works

2 Likes

Tomorow at 9 am will have surgery

I trust all will go wellā€¦ I did talk with my Dr about thisā€¦ See why Iā€™m interestedā€¦ :grimacing:
Sneezles61

Will let you know tomorow. At 7 today got to be at hospital. Some coffee. Shower. And ready to go. Did had few beers last might. With my drinking buddy. Told him no drinking for me next week. Mmm this makes the wife happy

3 Likes

Mmm. Must say surgery went well. Me today no pain meds. Me drinking. My wife birthday. Guess should not but told her. 3 max. It does hurt like a mf. And doing thing. Like typing. Coffee machine. With one hand. I dont recomend

5 Likes

No rush on a replyā€¦ How long will your hand be out of use? Physical therapy to follow?
I donā€™t think we can do elective surgeries for a few monthsā€¦ I think if I do get this doneā€¦ Spring as the snow melts might be my window of opportunityā€¦
Sneezles61

They say 3 to 4 weeks. Than physio therapy. Got a. Cast for weeks. To keep my fingers straight. Got to give the dr a call today. To tell him how i am feeling. Or any complications.

2 Likes

It truly. Sucks. At the moment. Ok can pour a beer enough on tap. But i dont like to ask so much for help. To transfer a brew to the keg. Mayby ask. My. Buddy. To help me. Soon. Good thing. My grandson and his dad. Ask me can we brew this weekend. Got to rely. On my brew log. Have a hard time. Creating a writing. Right now. Maybe do. A pilsener. With them. Saturday.

1 Like

It will take some time to healā€¦ Good thing you have some able bodies to help brewā€¦ Hang in thereā€¦ I hope the healing process is fastā€¦ Get you back to the brewery controls!
Sneezles61

1 Like

Guess. Me of to hospital. Did slip last night on the pourch. Broke my cast. Worse thing was no beer involved

OUCH!! Patch of iceā€¦ Just kiddingā€¦ I hope you didnā€™t cause any damage to your handā€¦ Maybe bring in a pint to have the Dr shape the cast to it? Be careful nowā€¦ You wouldnā€™t want to delay brewingā€¦
Sneezles61

1 Like

All beter again. New cast. Dicided. No brewing. Intill. My cast comes off again. Had help. Brewing. A batch. Last 2 weeks. But call me anal. Brew wise. Dont feel like. Giving up control. I was. Watching them. To help me. It went fine. But felt i got irritated. By just sitting there

1 Like

If your new Brewer wants to brew after helping you, youā€™ll have ā€œguideā€ the new Brewer alongā€¦ Explain ā€œwhyā€ you do as you doā€¦
Or just wait until you are both hands on deckā€¦ Then have them assistā€¦
Sneezles61

Ha! I know what you mean @wilcolandzaat! Hell to be such a control freak but when you have a process that youā€™re used to, any little deviation is a distraction. I am the same. Glad you didnā€™t injure the hand. Hope it heals up fast!

Would not mind to teach. My grandson. The art of brewing. He shows interest. Actually. He took. The john palmer. Book home. To read. The other helpers. Dont know. About them. Tell them. Things. They sort of. Understand. But on the end me want to step in. And take over

2 Likes

When they have equipmentā€¦ You can guide themā€¦ and you have to let them fail to learnā€¦ To be able to brew exceptional brews, had to include a few disastrous onesā€¦ :beers:
Sneezles61

1 Like

Yes. Remember. My first brew. My burner. Not enough. Heat. Went from few hours. To. A full day. Remember. My buddy went. To buy. A new burner durning the whole brew day. Me still use the burner. Me not afraid. To teach them but my son in law. A idiot. ( but thats what they all are. Never good enough ) he does not want to lissen. Or. Pay atention. Even his son say. Hey. Grandpa try to teach you

3 Likes

Howā€™re things going @wilcolandzaat? Are you starting to get back in the swing of things?

1 Like