Shipping Comparisons

Never been to their shop, but have had great customer service experiences with them for years. I have a good LHBS where I live now, so don’t order ingredients online as much, but I was pleased with BMW. My only gripe is that their selection of base malts is a little slim (eg. Briess 2-row but not Rahr). But they’re great folks, IME.

Never been to their shop, but have had great customer service experiences with them for years. I have a good LHBS where I live now, so don’t order ingredients online as much, but I was pleased with BMW. My only gripe is that their selection of base malts is a little slim (eg. Briess 2-row but not Rahr). But they’re great folks, IME.[/quote]

I’ve not heard of those folks, but I’m on the South Side of the A T L…We have a a couple of good LHBS’s down this way.

“JustBrewIt” and “Barley and Vine”.

Atlanta Area Guys,
I went to Brewmasters Warehouse and was very impressed with their selection of ingredients. I purchased a partial mash kit for a Northern brown English ale. All the ingredients are fresh and they double crush the grain as well. Their selection of brew pots, chillers, fementors etc is very poor, but they seem to be more in the business of selling nice fresh ingredients and kits. Also the really cool thing about the kits are that you can customize any way you want. The guys that work there also seem very knowledgeable and nice to talk to.

They have a $6.99 flat rate shipping as well.

http://www.brewmasterswarehouse.com/

[quote=“Scalded Dog”]Atlanta Area Guys,
I went to Brewmasters Warehouse and was very impressed with their selection of ingredients. I purchased a partial mash kit for a Northern brown English ale. All the ingredients are fresh and they double crush the grain as well. Their selection of brew pots, chillers, fementors etc is very poor, but they seem to be more in the business of selling nice fresh ingredients and kits. Also the really cool thing about the kits are that you can customize any way you want. The guys that work there also seem very knowledgeable and nice to talk to.

They have a $6.99 flat rate shipping as well.

http://www.brewmasterswarehouse.com/[/quote]

Looks like I gotta give them a try. Thanks for sharing, Dog.

NB seems to have gotten slower with shipping lately. I admit that I don’t know how many orders they are processing and how many employees they have but when I order on a Sunday night and it can’t ship by Tuesday, it means I don’t get it until the following Monday, which seems a bit ridiculous in today’s world. It used to be that I would order Sunday and it would ship out Monday but not lately. Their customer service is great but if you’re using the discounted 7.99 shipping option they certainly don’t appear to be in a rush to ship your order :frowning:

My last order from them got shipped to someone else. I found this out after 2 weeks, and still no shipping notification. Their attitude was, “Oh well”.

Wow, that is unfortunate. At least with my last slow order, when I called to cancel, they seemed genuinely sorry. I think I will be trying a closer place with my next orders…which I should have done this time. Oh well. So much for brewing on President’s day.

Yeah, what is unfortunate, is I ordered from Northern Brewer. Never again. Also, The people I’m teaching, I’m advising them to steer clear of NB, and get their supplies from someone else.

I’m just kicking myself for trying to give them another chance. Turns out I will have had Monday off with no one at the house at all. And now I have no ingredients. They just billed the order this morning, so I can’t even cancel.

I know exactly how you feel. You have my condolences. Are you close to a homebrew shop?

30 minute drive, so not terrible. I may have to do that to keep my sanity.

My LHBS here in Cheyenne keeps very small, limited hours. I’ve had to make a trip or two down to Ft. Collins to get what I need at times. Keeping the sanity. That sounds about right.

Oh look. They just shipped it. Gee, will arrive Monday afternoon. It’s like they do it on purpose just to make me mad. They need a better system.

Update on shipping: I ordered a couple of kits from NB a week ago Monday morning when the store opened. I even called them to ask if they would ship so I had them in time to brew by Saturday. Well they failed to ship it out until Wednesday and I didn’t receive it until Tuesday (2 days ago)

I’m buying more and more grain from my Atlanta place (Brewmasters Warehouse) They worked with me to clone the Elevens Ale. The thing I really like about them is their super fresh grains and LME. They cater more to experienced brewers. They have an online tool that allows you to totally customize your recipe. I customized a Upper English Brown for 11 gallons and the exact gravity/IBU I wanted. I ordered a recipe and some cleaning stuff and they had it boxed and ready for shipment in less than an hour after I placed my order. Pretty cool.

My last several orders have been days between order entry and order shipping. They still say same-day shipping before 2:00 PM CT. Not sure what they mean, but I’m not seeing it.

I just checked Brewmaster’s Warehouse. I like the fact they have flat rate shipping, and use Fedex. I’m definitely going to place an order with them.

I’ve only placed one order with them, but MoreBeer was impressive. Shipped the same day and got to me in South Dakota in two business days from their CA warehouse. And, the shipping is free if you buy $50 worth of stuff, which ain’t hard.

My last several orders have been days between order entry and order shipping. They still say same-day shipping before 2:00 PM CT. Not sure what they mean, but I’m not seeing it.[/quote]

It’s false advertising, plain and simple. My only guess would be if you didn’t use their flat rate 7.99 shipping, they might try and ship to you sooner. But I’ll never know. I’m finding a new supplier.

My last several orders have been days between order entry and order shipping. They still say same-day shipping before 2:00 PM CT. Not sure what they mean, but I’m not seeing it.[/quote]
Same day shipping is if you request and pay for ‘next day’ delivery. It is clearly stated that they process orders as they come in. You gotta remember that if people place big orders it is going to delay things as it is pulled. Plus add on crushing grains and it could take awhile. Plan ahead or pay increased shipping fees…
Edited: just saw they offer that in 3 day select shipping too… they may wanna look at that

All i know is, that since December i have been ordering and the service has been great.
Matt