Shipping Comparisons

[quote=“Loopie Beer”][quote=“JMcK”]
My last several orders have been days between order entry and order shipping. They still say same-day shipping before 2:00 PM CT. Not sure what they mean, but I’m not seeing it.[/quote]
Same day shipping is if you request and pay for ‘next day’ delivery. It is clearly stated that they process orders as they come in. You gotta remember that if people place big orders it is going to delay things as it is pulled. Plus add on crushing grains and it could take awhile. Plan ahead or pay increased shipping fees…
Edited: just saw they offer that in 3 day select shipping too… they may wanna look at that[/quote]
I usually do 3-day, but when places charge extra for “expedited processing” that’s a sign to run. It means (to me) “We are going to sit on your order unless you pay us extra ransom” No effing way.

Oddly enough I do plan ahead. The ONLY reason this irks me is because NB publishes that “same day shipping guarantee.” If they said fulfillment was 3-4 days like other internet shops I purchase from, I’d probably be OK. They set the bar themselves, and routinely fail to achieve now. It makes you question, if they are wrong about their order fulfillment, what other mistaken facts are on the site? What good is a guarantee if they don’t stand behind it? I’ve called to ask what’s up with slow orders, and basically been told “too bad.”

[quote=“Loopie Beer”]Same day shipping is if you request and pay for ‘next day’ delivery. It is clearly stated that they process orders as they come in. You gotta remember that if people place big orders it is going to delay things as it is pulled. Plus add on crushing grains and it could take awhile. Plan ahead or pay increased shipping fees…
Edited: just saw they offer that in 3 day select shipping too… they may wanna look at that[/quote]

For me, it was a single AG unmilled ber kit, without yeast. So we’re talking unmilled grain, and hops. After a week, they still hadn’t decided whether or not they were going to ship it. This happened 3 orders in a row.

NB aquired MW a while back…as shipping goes, you guys are getting standard 3 day unless you pay more so depending on when you order, where you live, and the workings of NB and MW computer system your looking at 2-4 days

[quote=“JMcK”][quote=“Loopie Beer”][quote=“JMcK”]
My last several orders have been days between order entry and order shipping. They still say same-day shipping before 2:00 PM CT. Not sure what they mean, but I’m not seeing it.[/quote]
Same day shipping is if you request and pay for ‘next day’ delivery. It is clearly stated that they process orders as they come in. You gotta remember that if people place big orders it is going to delay things as it is pulled. Plus add on crushing grains and it could take awhile. Plan ahead or pay increased shipping fees…
I usually do 3-day, but when places charge extra for “expedited processing” that’s a sign to run. It means (to me) “We are going to sit on your order unless you pay us extra ransom” No effing way.

Oddly enough I do plan ahead. The ONLY reason this irks me is because NB publishes that “same day shipping guarantee.” If they said fulfillment was 3-4 days like other internet shops I purchase from, I’d probably be OK. They set the bar themselves, and routinely fail to achieve now. It makes you question, if they are wrong about their order fulfillment, what other mistaken facts are on the site? What good is a guarantee if they don’t stand behind it? I’ve called to ask what’s up with slow orders, and basically been told “too bad.”[/quote]

Not sure what you guys keep thinking of when someone says same day shipping…same day shipping IS 3 or 4 days

[quote=“grainbelt”]
Not sure what you guys keep thinking of when someone says same day shipping…same day shipping IS 3 or 4 days[/quote]
Don’t confuse NBs Same day shipping guarantee with UPS’s 3-day delivery.

My definition, or rather my interpretation of the “Same Day Shipping Guarantee”
Any order placed before 2:00PM Central Time will be given to UPS/FexEx that same day.

Once UPS has the order, the actual time in transit is based on their rate structure and guarantee.

So If I place an order Monday at 6:00 PM, I’m after the Monday cutoff, but I expect “Same Day Shipping” to mean NB is giving my order to UPS Tuesday Evening. Once UPS has it, THEN their 3-day delivery clock starts. So assuming NB gives it to UPS Tuesday, It’s UPS’s job to deliver my 3-day select package on Friday.

So to rewicker your wording a bit, Same day shipping ENABLES 3 or 4 days DELIVERY.

What’s happening is, I place that order Monday night, and UPS doesn’t even see it until the following Monday. UPS delivers the following Thursday. UPS Still delivered in 3-days but it took NB a week to Ship.

[quote=“JMcK”][quote=“grainbelt”]
Not sure what you guys keep thinking of when someone says same day shipping…same day shipping IS 3 or 4 days[/quote]
Don’t confuse NBs Same day shipping guarantee with UPS’s 3-day delivery.

My definition, or rather my interpretation of the “Same Day Shipping Guarantee”
Any order placed before 2:00PM Central Time will be given to UPS/FexEx that same day.

Once UPS has the order, the actual time in transit is based on their rate structure and guarantee.

So If I place an order Monday at 6:00 PM, I’m after the Monday cutoff, but I expect “Same Day Shipping” to mean NB is giving my order to UPS Tuesday Evening. Once UPS has it, THEN their 3-day delivery clock starts. So assuming NB gives it to UPS Tuesday, It’s UPS’s job to deliver my 3-day select package on Friday.

So to rewicker your wording a bit, Same day shipping ENABLES 3 or 4 days DELIVERY.

What’s happening is, I place that order Monday night, and UPS doesn’t even see it until the following Monday. UPS delivers the following Thursday. UPS Still delivered in 3-days but it took NB a week to Ship.[/quote]

I am not talking about placing an order monday night and them not recogninzing it until the following monday…that is bad and I have never seen that but I guess some have.
I am talking about some one placing an order and getting it 3-5 days later is not bad shipping, dependent of a few things

A placed my first order with Morebeer a few weeks ago. I ordered on Monday afternoon and had my stuff Wednesday morning, I’m in NJ. Shipping costs, Free over $59. I went back over my last years NB orders and found out I was averaging $15 dollars shipping per order :roll: , this was all pre bringing back flat rate shipping. Morebeer for me