Shipments

Got a order of hops waiting for me pick it up monday. 3 lbs. Cascade cetennial. Saaz. Manderin. Kent golding. Pfff. Got just email i can pick up monday. Shipping and handeling. 150 dollar. Long live dhl. Just to be 60 dollar. Wife starts to complain. Last order shipment by boat. 500 dollar. Now this. She says. Better start buy a few cases beer

Wow! For that kinda money, I think l could get a bail! The shipping and such can be a real fun hobby sucker… No one in Columbia has brew making stuff take some of the sting away?
Sneezles61

wow that really sucks. From what I see, really difficult to even grow the hops in tropical environment. Maybe you can make a deal with some of your recurring dive customers to bring in pellet hops for you? Either discount on dives or cash? Would need to check if customs would allow this.

1 Like

It would almost pay for you to take a redeye to Miami and hit a homebrew shop and stuff your luggage with hops and whatever else.

Once a while repeat guest. They ask if they can bring something. Most the time i ask for liqued yeast or other small brew thing like brewing salts or hops. Ppfff. The people at tsa. Check. Are not funny at airports. One thing i am working at. A big supermarkt. Owner Told me if i need something. He can put it in his food container. Got to talk to him again. See if it still posssible

1 Like

Some how hops dont want to grow over here. The climate to harsh. To much sun and not enough. Shade or rain kind of weird. The magical herb. Home grown weed. Grows. Everywhere. In the back area of the island. So why weed grows and hops not its sort of the the same fam

I wonder about the long day sun and needing a freeze so they can stay perennial… Weed is a one and done type… annual…
Sneezles61

1 Like

Too bad it’s not legal to transport weed to over here. You could set up some kind of exchange program to send some in trade for hops.

2 Likes

Trading green fer green…
How about brewing with the island green?
Sneezles61

I think we kicked that idea around here a long time ago. The consensus was the best idea was to just burn one and then have a few homebrews.

Weed has been legal here in NY for over a year yet the government is still fiddling around with who gets the “dispensaries”. The Native Americans said screw your red tape and some Nations are selling it. I think the Seneca are one.

2 Likes

Perhaps a great idea… let the native Americans be the distributors…
Sneezles61

Ive read in NY you get dibs if your a grower who has a prior weed conviction. CT i believe opens dispensaries this month

1 Like

Bob Dylan… I would not feel so all alone… if everybody was to get stoned!
Of course, he was really talking about criticism from the British for not liking his new electric venue!
Sneezles61

Yes, that is the plan. If you were convicted of a marijuana crime you can be first to get a license and alredy have had your conviction exonerated. So if I got a speeding ticket back when the limit was 55 and now the highway is 65 can I get my ticket exonerated and get the fine back :crazy_face:

We got a little off topic here so should we start a weed topic?

Weeds not that important, but funny how it’s coming of age…
Back on topic… Wilco, there’s even more petrol repercussions from the war… looks like it’s going up some more! Soon, ships won’t be able to float barley and hops over to you due to the cost… And the tourists… will they be able to fly over there too?
And we thought it was crazy before…
Sneezles61

Till so far tourist are still coming. But as of 1 july a 75 dollar entry tax fee. For everytourist. Besides the 45 dollar marine park fee. And increase of power cost by 30% not even talking about increase of shipping cost by boat. So all these extra cost hotels got to increase room rate. Not even talk about all these delay of flights. On the end i think people will look for cheaper destinations or stay in their own countrys and travel there

Perhaps, global jet vacation may take a hit… good for the planet…
Sneezles61

Keep dreaming :joy:

1 Like

:slightly_frowning_face:
Sneezles61

Mayby stop cruise boats as well. Together with jets they push out lots of co2. Weird shit russia is closing the gas pipe to rest of europe. Meanwhile every goverment talks about reducing co2 and n2 out put. In holland they are restricting farmers. So less polution. Lots of protesting going on. Meanwhile they are increasing. Coal. Power plants. To 100procent again mayby i dont under stand any more

1 Like