Shipments

I heard our governor is putting nuclear power plants back on the table as electric option…. I’m curious how electric cars will do up here in the winter… I’ve been reading about them…
Sneezles61

Yes we as a country are doing our part. Oh wait i think i misspoke

1 Like

Same as solar pannels. Friend of mine does have them. When days of not lots of sun not enough power. To supply the whole house. Battery storrage gets low sollution more pannels but more cash investment

Electric cars range greatly decreased when you turn on the cabin heat. In parts of northern Europe where they have used electric cars for a longer time, people will heat up the car while plugged in at home then use heated seats and heated steering wheels to keep warm when they drive longer distances.

Nuclear energy IMHO makes a lot of sense as it has zero carbon footprint in use. It does have carbon footprint during construction of course. Solving CO2 emission problem without nuclear energy is like trying to fight with your good hand tied behind your back.

2 Likes

Perhaps a few more of smaller size… if there happens to be a problem… easier to stop and contain and repair… Or we go back to the Flintstone era… (:
Sneezles61

Reminds me of the opening of this: https://youtu.be/El2vWfFrn8s

1 Like

We strayed a little off topic but… I have a neighbor that owns a plug in hybrid. Seems like a good alternative. He says he can get back and forth to work on electric but for longer trips needs to use gas. A perfect commuter. This is in south Florida so he needs the a/c too. It’s a BMW and I did not ask the price but the starting MSRP ranges from $43k to 64k depending on model. All have a federal tax credit available. Maybe @wilcolandzaat could import one with a trunk full of hops :crazy_face:

2 Likes