Porter/ stout to use of grains

I have a lot of off and ends left over which are going on 7 months so I am trying to use them up and thoughts or a porter or stout with the following ingredients?

.30 lbs crystal 60
1.75 lbs Flaked Wheat
1.25 lbs crystal 40
.25 dark crystal
.50 roasted barley
.60 lactose
.45 black malt
.30 rice hulls
.25 British Chocolate
1.25 Amber Malt
.25 Carapils
.25 Flaked Maize
1.75 Oats

I realize I will have to buy some base malt etc. Thanks for the help!

Yeh, I meant to say: trying to use up my grains I have leftover…

This was one of my favorite beers I made with leftover grains, though it would only use up a few of your leftovers. Mashed @ 152.

7 lbs 4.0 oz British Golden Promise (2.0 SRM) Grain 1 83.4 %
11.0 oz Oats, Flaked (1.0 SRM) Grain 2 7.9 %
8.0 oz Chocolate Malt (450.0 SRM) Grain 3 5.8 %
4.0 oz English Black Malt (550.0 SRM) Grain 4 2.9 %
1.00 oz Willamette [5.50 %] - Boil 60.0 min Hop 5 21.3 IBUs

Looks like a stout to me. I usually keep my recipes as simple as possible, but if the goal is to use up the extras, pretty much all of those ingredients would work.

I’d first figure out the exact percentages of the grist that each would represent and double check that they will mash properly, then get as much of that stuff in as possible.

Seems like a little too much chrystal total for me, and all told it looks a little busy for my taste if you are using everingthing. On the other hand, screw it.

Let us know how much of that stuff you end up using and how it turns out.

This isn’t everything but I plugged this into Beersmith because I’m bored. This should get you to 1.078 with 72% Brewhouse efficiency. Pick a yeast and some hops and your good to go. It’s a tad low on the dark malts so if you wanted to pick some up too I might do that and it’s a bit busy for my taste but that is kind of the point I guess. I’d drink this next fall/winter.

Ingredients
Amt Name Type # %/IBU
9 lbs Pale Malt, Maris Otter (3.0 SRM) Grain 1 60.0 %
1 lbs 12.0 oz Oats, Flaked (1.0 SRM) Grain 2 11.7 %
1 lbs 12.0 oz Wheat, Flaked (1.6 SRM) Grain 3 11.7 %
1 lbs 4.0 oz Caramel/Crystal Malt - 60L (60.0 SRM) Grain 4 8.3 %
8.0 oz Black (Patent) Malt (500.0 SRM) Grain 5 3.3 %
8.0 oz Roasted Barley (300.0 SRM) Grain 6 3.3 %
4.0 oz Chocolate Malt (450.0 SRM) Grain 7 1.7 %

I left out the lactose because it seemed like a lot with that many flaked oats and the amber malt seemed like just too much going on but you could easily toss that in for fun. I would hold off on much more crystal malt than 10%

Could be an interesting partigyle - use the 40L and 60L along with 2-row to make an IPA or barleywine with the first runnings, then add the rest of the odds and ends with a little more 2-row and maybe another 1/2 lb of chocolate and let that mash while the first beer is boiling, then run it out (and sparge if you like) and make a Stout.

Thanks for the input!
This is what I ended up doing:

7 lbs. Maris Otter
1.75 Flaked Oats
.75 Crystal 40
.45 Black Malt
.25 Carapils
.25 Chocolate
.25 Dark Crystal
.25 Flaked Corn

Mashed at 152

Used Cascade and Cluster hops

IBU 30.9
Gravity reading was higher than expected at 1.063
Used London Ale yeast and it is bubbling away… We’ll see how it tastes. I’d like it to be ready by the end of September. We’ll see…I will report back with the results.

Definitely let us know. Looks like a recipe I’d be interested in trying. I’ll try anything once, at least.