Onion Wine

The answer to that question is… NO!
I probably could have skipped the whole process of coming to that conclusion just by trusting the sound of those two words together. If that wasn’t enough the sulfurous fart smells coming from the fermentor should have been my second clue. The aftertaste is reminiscent of one of your finer dental anesthesias… which is the best part.

1 Like

Never even heard of it. Looking into a recipe it has potatoes, raisins, and sugar. Doesn’t sound unappealing while sounding like something I wouldn’t make at the same time.

1 Like

You have to really like onions…

I really like onions… on a burger tho… Sneezles61

What’s s the opposite of an aphrodisiac? Because onion wine sure sounds like a potent one.

1 Like

abstinence… ? Sneezles61

1 Like

Unions good on phylicheese steak. And blooming union. Thats about it. O yeah. Pasta saus

1 Like

I saw a recipe for it years ago in a booklet about homemade wines. Along with it was a recipe for Pineapple wine, that was the same time the local grocery store had a sale on Pineapple Juice… it was a waste of juice and my time!! LOL

1 Like

I tried Grapefruit wine once (Steely Dan)… that sucker really took the mousie smell… Sneezles61

1 Like

Do you want to break up with your boyfriend or girlfriend? I got a beverage for you!

1 Like

I ferment in our bedroom closet and while,it was only a gallon that I made my wife was outraged “Why does the bedroom smell like farts”

1 Like

Blame the dog.

Hi, squeegeethree. Onion + wine - maybe ok if you can cook really good, maybe a chief master. But Onion wine?! For real?