Oktoberfest /Fall beers 2023 thread!

Looks like your fire ring has about had it :cry: If there is a Tractor Supply near you I saw some out front at the one near us. Hmm looked them up online and there $63 kinda pricey for a round piece of steel. I’d look around. A campground we stayed in used old semi truck rims but was having trouble finding them because China was buying up all the steel.

Back to fall beers. We met our nephew and family at a local bar before the Syracuse vs Western Michigan game. They went to the game, we went home. He and my wife had Southern Tier Pumking on draft, I had Middle Ages brewing Storm the Castle NE IPA also on draft, both pretty tasty. Oh and Syracuse won 48-7

2 Likes

The Orange men!!
My fire pit ring was a propane tank. It’s still very good, albeit rusty looking… little figures carved out so it isn’t so heavy…
It’s crazy none of the bars around here have any on tap… not even a bottle or can… I believe events of the beer world are forgotten…
Sneezles61

1 Like

Huh…. A pretty darn tasty brew!
Sneezles61

3 Likes

And yet another… no one else sampling O-fests now?
Sneezles61

2 Likes

As many as I can!:yum:
we’re in the Catskills at Mohonk Mountain House resort …… unfortunately, tropical storm Ophelia followed us up into New York, so a bit soggy right now. I’ll post some brews today hopefully!

1 Like

The local brewery here has an O-fest made entirely with Best malts from Germany… I can taste a big difference… it believe it’s the … terroir. It’s very good… I’ll need to procure a few crowlers and stash in deep in my fridge!
Sneezles61

1 Like

“The Gunks” are you a rock climber? Beautiful place my son attended SUNY New Paltz worked at the preserve. We would go to the Catskills often. Used to be a brewery downtown New Paltz probably more now. Our next section of rail trail will bring us into NP. Looking forward to your update.

1 Like

Trail running and some hiking mainly…. got lucky with the past two mornings with a break in the rain so I’ve been able to put in a few miles on the trails. But Ophelia is drawing closer so the rain is getting heavier with fewer breaks….can’t even see outside with the cloud deck below our resort.
Still making the best of it, we were in New Paltz today and did hit the only brewery in town which was named Clemsons. Very good, blueberry wheat beer, but the IPAs were a little off seemed like a water issue.

Can’t go wrong with Ommegang.

2 Likes

The first night here, Friday night, was very nice as the sunset picture above indicates, and the following morning the rain started at 9 AM after we had hit the trails. This is our last full day, and it is completely socked in here with rain and fog.

Will have to come back here sometime just so we can see the place, lol.

1 Like

Well we spent alot of time in the Catskills and believe it or not in the fall when it’s rainy and the clouds and mist is hanging low in the hollows and the colors on the trees can be just beautiful and mysterious. So many legends in that area

As you know you’re in apple country there maybe check out a ciderey before leaving. We aren’t going this fall instead heading to Duechland and Austria on an ancestry tour. We aren’t going to be in Bavaria more in Mainz and pop over to Alsace which I believe is wine country. Then drop into to Switzerland then on to Vienna where my grandfather and great grandparents lived. Vienna lager at the source. I’ll be interested to see how they treat the October fest bier outside of Munich

1 Like

Keeping this remotely on topic, we may hit a German restaurant in Ulster county and sample some Oktoberfest beers mid day today. We visited an orchard near New Paltz yesterday and will take some apples home :green_apple::apple:.

We are used to light rain of course and the like…… However, this is a tropical system here. Wind driven rain in bands up here. Obviously, we’re familiar with that also :joy:….:weary:
Had an archery class yesterday afternoon and got a roomful of wet clothes to show for it. Connie’s hitting the spa and I will try another trail run later, what the hell.

When is your trip to Germany?

Yeah looks like today is the worst of the three days. Glad you didn’t let it deter you. Just recently read and article that rated it as one of the best resorts to hang with a cup of coffee so hopefully you did some of that. Heading to Europe 18 through the end of the month a lot of research to do

1 Like

Finally! Stopped raining and fog lifted with a couple of hours of daylight left, so headed out on the trails, saw a few deer, ravens, etc and got a good workout in. Ran up the steep trail to this overlook where you can see six states.

And now beer time!

1 Like

I hope BrewCat has pictures and more inside scoops on brewing from over the pond…
Voodoo, you are in a very cool area… hope you did get some brew crawling in… I had some time in the Mohawk valley many years ago… I enjoyed the huge hills…
Sneezles61

1 Like

Our local brewery’s offering… tasty!
Sneezles61

2 Likes

Octoberfest bier in Innsbruck

4 Likes

Sampling my way through some nice Tavour delivered Oktoberfest selections. :sunglasses:

Phase 3

Fonta Flora

:beers:
Rad

2 Likes

Adventure Friday here in Vero Beach….nice märzen.

2 Likes

Hoping my better half gets home soon so I can go to the brewery here and enjoy a pint of one of them!….
Heck, a guy that works there has some hidden talent with a guitar and can sing… I’ll get some time to see ifn we’d play good together soon…
Sneezles61

1 Like