Oktoberfest /Fall beers 2023 thread!

Had Point Lager one year on our way up to the Spooner Wisconsin area for walleye fishing. Pretty good. Stayed in the Dells area and bought a case of it…also went to the dog track and won twice!(I know, dog tracks are bad. :pensive:)

1 Like

I know right?

1 Like

I have seen tiny rat dogs, sorry small dog folks, in the shopping cart with a stupid harness that looks like they made it at home with “service dog” on it. Kind of an insult to people that really need and have a service dog.

We have never brought our dogs in anywhere that dogs were not welcome. Our favorite outdoor restaurant will bring your dog a bowl of water before you get to order. Gus the dog prefers beer though.

2 Likes

There’s Point Bock… or was…
Dog tracks aren’t all bad… well, I’ve never been to one.
I really like brat-dogs… wonder ifn that counts?
Sneezles61
Edit: it appears they are still in business… a city up north and a bump to the east has a distributor…

Did a little reconnaissance at our local Publix here in Rockledge, Florida, and they do indeed have the no pets allowed sign up now.

I wouldn’t want my pet breathing that dirty air peeps hack up as they cough and such…. Poor puppy…
Sneezles61

Thanks for the detective work. It’s about time grocery stores especially took a stand on this.

Recently took a trip to WI for The Great Taste of the Midwest. If you’ve never been you’re really missing out. Awesome beer fest with brewers actually participating in the pour. Sadly we haven’t entered as it’s difficult to get in. While there many were pouring Oktoberfest and many at the store. Ours at ORBC actually releases today.
As far as dogs- before you get in a tissy about places not allowing pets other than service animals look at your local health codes. Many, if not all, jurisdictions have strict health codes prohibiting it. Although I’m actually a small dog person (Jack Russell) it does bother me when I see people sneaking their pets in for numerous reasons.

1 Like

I’m all for brewpubs embracing dogs. All 4 of the breweries closest to me allow dogs inside as well as on the outdoor serving areas…. sometimes you have to carefully step around lounging dogs to make your way through one of our breweries here.
Dogs in grocery stores….that’s another thing.

1 Like

I was referring to grocery stores. We are very dog friendly at the brewery! But health codes around here prohibit them from being around food. We do allow people to slip in with them to order, get to the other side, etc.

Our little brewery has bowls for pet owners to water their pets… I do see them inside once in a while… mainly out of doors in their drinking patio… Sometimes kinda fun to watch as they get their hackles up when another dog enters… Good enough of the owners to attend to their dogs so no fight ensues…
Sneezles61

1 Like

This is a pretty good one ….a bit of a nap time beer tho…

1 Like

I actually made one awhile back by fermenting in a pumpkin. Basically it was and ESB fermented in a pumpkin. It was a fine beer but nothing special so It was a one off. I would rather just have an Octoberfest beer

Yup… O-fest brews are showing up now… I like to buy 6-ers and try… doggone Summit only has 12’s…
Sneezles61

And another….

Nice example, not overdone on the spices and somewhat restrained ABV for the style, 6.6%.

3 Likes

The Ball jar is a nice touch. About 6 weeks and I can get TBBC beers. I miss Coppertail Unholy also.

1 Like

Went grocery shopping for the missus as she was doing real work today, and bought myself a treat; really nice Festbier with some punch in the malt bill. Darn good……

2 Likes

Never had a bad SN beer

1 Like

I found this… mmmmm beer!
Sneezles61

3 Likes

And now this offering! I saw Sierra Nevada’s but waffled right into a Mn made one…. (: Oh geez, Sandhills cranes just flew by…
Sneezles61

2 Likes