Mash Tun Preference? Burner?

Hey guys,

I’m about to upgrade from my 5 gal cooler to a 15 gallon mash tun. I’ve seen Polar Ware and Blichmann, I’m looking for something that’ll stand the test of time. Is there really that big of a difference between brands? I’ll eventually upgrade my HLT and Boil kettles as well and I’ll get matching equipment, so the cost difference gets significant looking to the future.

Also, any recommendations on a burner?

Thanks guys.

[quote=“ludwigludwig”]Hey guys,

I’m about to upgrade from my 5 gal cooler to a 15 gallon mash tun. I’ve seen Polar Ware and Blichmann, I’m looking for something that’ll stand the test of time. Is there really that big of a difference between brands? I’ll eventually upgrade my HLT and Boil kettles as well and I’ll get matching equipment, so the cost difference gets significant looking to the future.

Also, any recommendations on a burner?

Thanks guys.[/quote]

I heavily investigated kettle brands a while back, and decided on the Blichmann for a couple reasons: (1) it was about the same price as others, once all the extras were included; (2) the extras were of higher quality than the competition; (3) wort scorching appeared to be a non-isssue: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=103451

The Blichmann floor burner is deserving of all the praise it receives. It’s generally very well-liked, by all.