Keeping my chest freezer dry!! need help

what’s the best way?
a) Damp rid?
b) Dehumidifier?

For those doing (a), how much, and how often do you change out?
For those doing (b), which kind? I’ve heard of Eva Dry, do you guys recommend? which model?

Thanks!

Those damp chest freezers are a pain in the ass! Hate cleaning mold, tired of it…

I use two Eva-Dry E-500’s

I used to get a crap load of dissecant bags from the shop I used to work in. I used to keep them in my keg fridge & worked great. I was thinking of a small open container of floor dry. anyone use something similar? I’m also gonna check out the Eva-Dry E-500. Baratone has led me in great directions so far.

+1 to eva-dry. they are awesome and you only need to buy it once (you re-charge it once it is saturated with water - then it is ready to go again).

I 12volt PC fan does wonders,

[quote=“robininski”]I 12volt PC fan does wonders,[/quote]Does wonders in what regard?

I don’t know, but after we put it in, there’s not much condensation and we don’t have puddles of water in the bottom to cope with, plus the temperature is even (the same at any given point). Before it was alot cooler near the walls than in the middle (we have three syncronize thermometers (calibrated to be the same)in place.

It works, you can believe me or not. don’t really care, was just trying to help, just won’t say anything anymore.

[quote=“robininski”]I don’t know, but after we put it in, there’s not much condensation and we don’t have puddles of water in the bottom to cope with, plus the temperature is even (the same at any given point). Before it was alot cooler near the walls than in the middle (we have three syncronize thermometers (calibrated to be the same)in place.

It works, you can believe me or not. don’t really care, was just trying to help, just won’t say anything anymore.[/quote]
you might be taking Shade’s question the wrong way. you posted an incomplete statement.

how/where did you mount the fan? got pics? it sounds like an interesting project!

First, I must appologize for being so snappy, (I had a bad day & no brew, yet). At any rate there is not really much to it. We used a 12V transformer (it seems they’re laying around everywhere from long expired toys) cut the (C-) plug off and wired it accordingly to the fan. Right now it’s setting on the hump where the conpressor is blowing diagonally out from the cornner. We first tried it at the bottom blowing out the drain hole, but the freezer would run too much; tried it on the floor, blowing across(it worked, but not very well). I used heavy duty velcro for right now just to find the right place for it (the fan).

We live near the St. Louis, MO area and the humidity is awful :- we try and not openning the freezer at all, once fermention has started. I am betting that with the fan and the humid-dri one could eliminate nearly all moisture with in. Right now the fan has reduced the water by at least 90% of what it was.

AGAIN I am so sorry for jumping off the handle.

Cheers to ALL