Irish Moss

Hello all,

I was just wondering what I can do to improve the clarity of my beer. I have read that really time / filtering is about the only thing that helps it clear.

That being said has anyone had good luck with adding Irish Moss? I have just done the standard add at the last 15mins of the boil…is there something I can do to improve clarity?

Thanks!

:cheers:

[quote=“tbilderback”]Hello all,

I was just wondering what I can do to improve the clarity of my beer. I have read that really time / filtering is about the only thing that helps it clear.

That being said has anyone had good luck with adding Irish Moss? I have just done the standard add at the last 15mins of the boil…is there something I can do to improve clarity?

Thanks!

:cheers: [/quote]

Get mash pH in the right range, a good hot break, keep a good consistent rolling boil, irish moss last 10 mins of boil, fast cold break, then after your fermentation is completed cold crash for a couple of days if you’re bottling.

I keg and my beers are generally very clear after a week or 2 in the keg.

I don’t filter. I do use paint strainer bags for my hops during the boil but that’s mainly because I like to harvest and reuse my yeast.