IPA malt bills? Care to share yours?

My last ipa was a maltbill experiment and it turned out so good its going to be my go to maltbill for everything hoppy from now on.

52% pilsner
30% wheat
8% caraplus 10(thats ebc not srm or lovibond)
5% oats

Its light in color with a good mouthfeel for my tastes and lets the hops shine through as well.

I have had a few lately that were 100% MO and i thought they were awesome. My next IPA will be pure MO combined with primarily Galaxy hops.

I use all base malts in my house IPA, to ensure a clean background for the hops:

7 lbs 8.0 oz Rahr 2-Row (2.1 SRM) 53.6 %
3 lbs 12.0 oz Wheat, Flaked (1.6 SRM) 26.8 %
2 lbs 6.0 oz White Wheat Malt (Great Western) (3.1 SRM) 17.0 %

Last time I subbed a pound of oats for a pound of flaked wheat. Dry hopping currently.

My two favorite IPA malt bills are as follows:

82% 2-row
11% Vienna
4% C-20L
3% CaraPils

65% 2-row
20% Munich
6% C-40L
6% C-20L
3% CaraPils

One of my favorite malt bills is 100% munich.

75% 2-row
20% rye malt
5% Special-B

All my IPAs are RIPAs.

IMO an IPA is one where I don’t like the malt to get in the way. My favorites run around 7-10 SRM. Just enough to give it some maltiness. I really like 2-Row, Vienna, and Crytal 40-60.

[quote=“MullerBrau”]My two favorite IPA malt bills are as follows:

82% 2-row
11% Vienna
4% C-20L
3% CaraPils

65% 2-row
20% Munich
6% C-40L
6% C-20L
3% CaraPils[/quote]

I like the looks of that first one, but the second has a lot of Munich and Crystal. Is that for an imperial IPA, or maybe just a very highly hopped IPA? Seems like you’d need a lot of hopping to stand up to that.

[quote=“Chinaski1217”][quote=“MullerBrau”]My two favorite IPA malt bills are as follows:

82% 2-row
11% Vienna
4% C-20L
3% CaraPils

65% 2-row
20% Munich
6% C-40L
6% C-20L
3% CaraPils[/quote]

I like the looks of that first one, but the second has a lot of Munich and Crystal. Is that for an imperial IPA, or maybe just a very highly hopped IPA? Seems like you’d need a lot of hopping to stand up to that.[/quote]The first is my Two Hearted clone recipe and is for a 7% abv. The second is for 8% Red Chair NWIPA